Things start to go Wrong

||Things start to go wrong (Horribly)

The Elevator dinged and the doors opened onto floor 35, the medical floor.

Steve walked out first, followed by Natasha, Clint and then Tony.

Training had finished around 15 minutes ago and Tony had originally given the group half an hour to clean themselves up and get ready for lunch. However, the adults were regrouping earlier because Bruce had called a meeting. And that wasn't something done often.

The focus was instantly on Bruce who was pacing across the moderately small space of the waiting room. And more importantly the focus was on the brown envelope is his hand.

"So whats happening? I was in the shower when you called and I would like to go back" pouted Tony his hair dripping wet as he walked forward and took a seat on the waiting room sofa.

Bruce opened his mouth, then he shut it and sighed. He looked at the envelope in his hand, opened it and sighed again.

"I called you here before lunch because the kids blood test results are back" started Bruce as he sat down on the floor and began to spread out the results across the waiting room floor. "I would of let it wait if the results were.. well not troubling".

The avengers crowded around the results on the floor. Tony leaned down from the sofa and grabbed the closest to him, which happened to be the results for Leo Valdez's blood test.

"At first glance" continued Bruce looking fairly stressed, "The Deoxyribose backbone to their DNA look normal, and the helix structure looks correct with the right nitrogenous basses attaching where they should –"

"—But if you have any functioning brain cells" Interrupted Tony flicking his eyes away from Leo's results to Bruce, concern radiating off him. "And look at the results for more than 2 seconds you can see that not all of the phosphate backbone is. Well what is it?"

"Not human" replied Bruce, pausing to let the information hang in the air. "As far as modern science goes, there is no life on earth with this genetic code".

"So are they Aliens?" asked Steve as he peered at Hazels results.

"No, they're partly human" theorised Bruce as he took his glasses off and cleaned them. His current concern was less on what the kids were and more on if they were naturally occurring or if theyd been tampered with.

"So what are they?" Question Natasha as she looked at Pipers results. "Are they mutants or an experiment?" she continued voicing the thoughts that was going around all the adults heads.

"It's definitely not the gene X mutation if thats what your asking" supplied Tony shaking his head. He hated the thought of the kids being apart of some sick experiment to mutate their genes.

"I'm not sure what these results mean or what the kids are" injected Bruce as he put his glasses back on.

"Maybe this is what the kids mean when they say, they're not safe anywhere" theorised Clint looking around at his team.

Steve nodded in agreement, "It could also explain why the kids were speaking that strange language on the first day we met them".

"It could be factors for both of those things" added Natasha. She was thinking about how everything she knew about the kids only lead to more unanswered questions.

"Are they a danger to us, or more importantly themselves?" asked Tony looking over the results again. The teens had normal levels of blood plasma, quite high levels of Antibodies –not abnormal, but high –in truth, they had relatively average stats for everything else when concerning their blood. It was just the genetic makeup being so foreign. Tony had no idea what the kids could do.