Stress... Who's She

Stress... Who's She...

"Would you like me to decline the call?" J.A.R.V.I.S asked, addressing the whole room.

Tony frowned, sharing a look with Steve in confusion. "Why is Fury, of all people, calling us right now? At this time?"

Steve shrugged, somewhat unhelpfully. "Maybe he just somehow knows?"

"Maybe, we should just answer the call" pointed out Natasha with an elegant arch of her eyebrow. "J.A.R.V.I.S accept the call. Actually, can you make it a video call?"

"Yes Miss Romanoff" responded J.A.R.V.I.S. A holographic screen appeared in the middle of a room, on it a video loaded, eventually it showed a very grumpy Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

"Director" greeted Bruce kindly, trying to diffuse the tension that had mounted in the room.

Nick Fury didn't smile in response, instead he glanced around the room from his position on the screen. He studied the tired looks on their faces and the dirty clothes they all still wore from the battle earlier that very day.

"Can someone explain to me why the fuck you were all on national news today? Fighting people in the street? And why on earth was this building completely off the radar for the last hour!?"

Silence fell awkwardly across the room as Tony looked from Fury to Steve, gesturing for him to answer. Steve frantically shook his head, uncomfortably scratching the back of his neck as he tried to be invisible – a hard task for a giant super soldier. Steve looked to Clint who simply turned around looking for another person he could pass the difficult questions onto.

Bruce watched his teammates and sighed, wondering how they even functioned as a team because it was clear a few braincells were missing. Bruce decided that if it wasn't for Natasha, they'd all be dead.

Natasha stepped forward a little, replying to Fury. "It has been a very long, complicated day Sir"

Fury pursed his lips. "I gathered that Agent. I suggest you start from the beginning".

"Absolutely not" interrupted Nico, stifling a yawn. "We definitely don't have time for that. We have like what? Three days? Three days, till the end of the world so we should probably do more important things".

"Yes that is the true tea" murmured Leo rubbing his eyes, exhausted from the day. "Mister Fury, Director guy... Sir? Can you like get the area around Mt St Helens evacuated?"

"Why would you--?"

"—No time" interrupted Nico again. J"ust get the volcano clear so no one dies".

"What my brother means to say" piped up Hazel whacking Nico in the back of his head for being rude. "Is that we have a very good reason to believe that many people will be endangered on and around Mt St Helens on Friday. Is there anyway you could clear the area for us?".

Fury studied the serious expressions on the group, adult and teens alike seeming very tense. He decided to humour them, nodding slowly as a response. "Yes, I can get a team on that, the area can be cleared by later tomorrow. Now are you going to tell me why you need the Mountain cleared?"

It was a question but it sounded more like a command.

But Piper didn't buckle, not trusting mortal technology any further than she could throw it, and she couldnt exactly throw the tower. "Not over the phone. And no, I don't care what you say. If you want to find out I suggest you make your way here. But Nico is right, Friday is three days away and its already so late. We need to use our time in the best possible way."