Let Me Learn You Something

"So all the questions we've asked your going to answer?" asked Natasha arching her eyebrow, not quite believing it.  "Because we've asked a lot of questions, and we still have more".

Piper nodded, speaking up for the demigods, "We'll answer what we can, but I think its best if we just explain first, and then you guys ask questions as we go".

"It's probably best if we start at the beginning" agreed Nico rubbing the bridge of his nose.

The demigods hummed in agreement and then Hazel said. "And where exactly is the beginning?" She had a point, there was a lot to unpack and they had to make it so mortals understood.

An awkward pause followed as the demigods lapsed into silence. The adults sat observing them, waiting patiently for some clarity.

"Do we start with the family history or the identities?" mused Leo aloud to his friends, "Identities seem logical, but they don't make sense without family history"

"Identities?" echoed Clint the same time as Bruce muttered "Family history?".

"I think well go with history" replied Piper.

The demigods lapsed into silence again, wondering what to say.

Eventually Leo piped up again, "You guys ever heard of Greek myths?".

Tony frowned, "Um yeah, like Hercules? The Muses? But what does this have to do with anything?"

"It literally has everything to do with it" replied Leo earnestly. "Just humour us alight?".

The Avengers nodded relenting into silence.

"Well, brace yourselves" started Leo, shifting in his seat on the floor. "Cause all those Greek myths are real and..um... we're Demigods..uh...yeah" he finished awkwardly with finger guns, trailing off when he caught sight of the adults faces.

No one spoke for a moment, and then Piper burst out laughing.

"Really Valdez!? Thats what you came up with?" giggled the daughter of Aphrodite.

Leo pushed Piper playfully in retaliation, "I thought I'd just rip the band aid off you know?"

"I think you broke them" joined in Hazel with a giggle, looking at the Avengers who were all processing the information.

"So the Greek myths are real?" mumbled Bruce a little shellshocked, "Real like how Thor is a Norse mythology character but in reality he is an Alien?"

It was the demigods turn to frown. Slowly, one by one the teens all turned to look at Thor in silence.

"They think you're and Alien?" echoed Nico quietly.

Thor nodded, explaining casually that its just his "Government cover" because it's easier that way.

"Wait, wait, wait?... You're not an Alien?? What are you then?" asked Clint doing a time out sign.

"A God" deadpanned Thor as if it was obvious.

Clint opened his mouth to say something back but Natasha interrupted him. "I think we should try to understand one impossible thing at a time, starting with the teens" she stated calmly, pulling the focus back on track. "You just said you're.. Demigods?"

Hazel smiled, "Yes, and that means were half human or mortal, and half God".

"Greek God?" asked Steve, trying to understand it all. He wasn't surprised the truth was something so weird? But he was still trying to make sense of it all.