Time To Get Serious

Time To Get Serious
*20 minutes earlier*

Within seconds of the Quinjet landing on the tower roof, the demigods had already vacated the plane and disappeared down into the stairwell.

"Well I'm guessing from the looks on your faces, that we got nothing from the teens" said Tony as he walked out of the cockpit and through the jet.

Clint arched an eyebrow in a very, Natasha kind of way. "We got absolutely nothing that makes sense" he said as he made his way out of the jet.

"They know so much that we don't" commented Natasha as she brushed a strand of her red hair out of her eyes. "We've been in the dark too long, and now our lives are at risk. And their lives, and countless others because they won't tell us the truth".

"We know something is holding them back" argued Steve as he left the jet to stand next to Tony on the sunny roof. "I think that's the only thing we're clear on. It's that something is holding them back".

"Something or someone" speculated Tony as the others joined him and Steve on the roof. He paused for a second as he watched the hatch of the Quinjet close. On the side of the jet were some large scratches, scratches that looked inhuman.

"What's getting to me is that while we were in the building chasing the 'amazing disappearing act'.  The kids were in the street?... Fighting... Something??" continued Tony, scoffing at the understatement he'd just made. "I dont even know what we were fighting, it's like every time I looked the image shifted?"

"It's like what we were seeing was fake" agreed Natasha, pausing as she thought over the events in the street once more. "Did any of you notice how Piper tensed in the jet when Steve mentioned the Ministers?" she asked her forehead furrowed in thought.

"Maybe thats who's holding them back?" theorised Clint while he rubbed his temples, enjoying the sun on his face and the brief moment of calmness.

"You've been quiet Capsicle, what you thinking?" hummed Tony turning to look at Steve whose face was scrunched in thought.

Steve shrugged, he really didn't know what to think. He'd seen people disappear, he'd seen skeletons with swords and monsters. He'd seen those kids fighting for their lives like it was their everyday struggle.

"You saw things we didn't?" guessed Natasha at Steves silence. "Is this like when we first saw the teens in Central Park?... Just tell us what you saw, even if you think its crazy. It could be helpful" she pressed softly, reaching out to lightly squeeze Steves hand.

Steve glanced at her hand is his, then up to look at his friends, before he sighed and let go. Walking away towards the elevator door.

"I dont even know where to start" he mumbled as he pressed the elevator button impatiently.

"The beginning is normally helpful" teased Clint lightly with a smirk.

Steve rolled his eyes, before he sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose as he gathered his thoughts.

"When I got out of the burning building there was a 4 or maybe 5ft wide gap in the road. And on one side of the gap was the kids fighting these tall giant things.. like non-human things. And on the other side of the gap was...Well.. ..I'm not even sure how to describe it without sounding mad" began Steve scratching the back of his head in confusion. He looked at the Avengers confused faces.

"A gap in the road? Like a crack?" questioned Tony, he'd not seen a gap in the road when he flew over the street. But he had noticed it took him longer to fly over to where Leo was than it should of.