Go On A Quest, They Said

||Go on a quest, they said.

The Avengers stood round the holographic screen and watched the children talk on it as they walked down the stairs. They had missed the start of the conversation but the camera feed picked up from the taller girl, Piper saying "What more could we of really done, it was dangerous but what isn't?".

The Avengers observed the four teenagers as they walked down the stairs rather slowly.

"You'd think the people who sent us on the quest wouldn't try to immediately kill us during said quest" murmured the Nicholas kid on the screen causing the other boy, Leo to laugh. Leo replied but was drowned out by Steve who spoke up over the camera footage.

"Do you think this is what they meant when they said they weren't safe anywhere?"

"Maybe" speculated Natasha, "but, Nicholas just said they were sent here, so we should find out by who and find out what makes them so dangerous".

Leo continued "And what did you learn from that, Death Breath?"

Nicholas smirked and shrugged, "Overestimating people is for chumps".

"Don't you guys notice how relaxed that kid is when they're alone?" questioned Bruce ,having only seen tense postures from the kids so far, which contradicted greatly with the relaxed smiling teens on screen.

"How! They need to trust us if they're going to help us save the world" exclaimed Piper.

"I know that! That's why I said half way. Duh", Replied Leo poking the back of the girls shoulder.

"Is it me, or did she just say Help us to save the world?", commented Tony staring at the screen like it was and equation he was trying to solve. "They came to us, didn't they?".

"Easily could have been a ruse" murmured Clint. "They could of known that we would help them if we thought they needed us".

"Do you think they had prior information on us?" Questioned Bruce re-adjusting his glasses as he looked closer at the screen.

"Some maybe" speculated Clint.

"Couldn't of been a lot" said Natasha speaking up, "Remember how little they knew of us when we first introduced ourselves, they didn't even recognise Stark. What kid there age doesn't recognise him?"

"That could've been a ruse as well" said Tony focusing back on the screen as Piper answered something the Harriett girl had said.

"Well we know the first thing is to get them to trust us, a team functions best with trust" Piper seemed to pause for a second and Steve took that time to add his opinion.

"Whatever they're really doing, it does seem they need us to trust them"

Piper continued "Plus the trees of D-"

She was rudely interrupted by Leo with a harsh shush as he looked directly at the camera and consequently the Avengers watching the screen.

A strange foreign language left his mouth, none of the avengers had ever heard it.

"He spotted the camera and suddenly they change, what are they hiding?" observed Natasha crossing her arms leaning back slightly.

"What was Piper saying about Trees that caused such a drastic shift" mentioned Clint frowning.

"JARVIS, what language are they speaking?" asked Tony to the AI that ran the tower.

"I have no information on that language specifically Sir, but I have cross analysed it and have linked it to Indo-European languages as well as Armenian and Hellenic languages. It is a dialect not spoken today but I believe it is from the Mediterranean area" replied JARVIS's voice coming from the celling.