A reflection of doubt

Meanwhile at the castle, the servants where ashamed of how the frightened Knuckles by accident.

Marine: Papa, we didn't mean to scare him, right?

Sonic: No, Marine, I think he was only surprised at us.

Marine: Yay!

As Amy walks in circles, Sticks tries to calm her down.

Sticks: Amy, stop moving in circles. You're getting everyone anxious.

Amy: I can't help it! Watching him freak out! Then, Rouge comes in and what's next? He's knocked out on the ground!!

Sticks: Amy, stop! Marine's here!

Amy: (Seeing Marine hiding behind her father and sighs) Sorry, I'm just frustrated.

Sonic: Don't be. I'd do the same thing if I was him.

Sticks: And you'd scold at her. But she had no right to do that.

Rouge: (Enters in the room as everyone looks at her) What?

Sonic: (Comes up to her with Sticks as Amy covers Marine's ears and eyes) You should be ashamed of yourself! You come and scream at him when he already had a traumatic thing to him!

Rouge: Sorry, Sonic...

Sticks: Tell that to the person you yelled at!

Rouge: (Leaves the room) I'm going to get some sleep.

Sticks: What? Bu-.

Rouge: I said I'm going to bed! (Heads to her destroyed room, picks up the mirror) Chip... I really need some help, if only I knew where you are... Show me the child. (The mirror shows Knuckles still unconscious on the bed before fading away) Out of all the men in the world, why him? If he remembers me... I'm a goner.

The snow outside had grown stronger as the wind howled the castle.