A Bitter Change

In the morning, Vector went off with Espio on their horse Fawn while Knuckles and Charmy handled the house, Knuckles was reading while Charmy was organizing Knuckles' books by alphabetical order. They both hear a knock at the door.

Knuckles: I'll get it. 

He gets up and goes to the door and opens it. When he did, he gasps.

Knuckles: Fiona?

She pulls Knuckles outside.

Fiona: Oh, hello Red, nice place, care to spend some time with me?

Knuckles: Fiona, you know we can't make one another happy, no one can change that much.

Fiona merely shook her head and gestures to a purple swallow.

Fiona: Knuckles, do you know what happens when fathers die? They beg for scraps like poor Wave. This is our world, Red. Come on, you're so simple.

Knuckles: I may be a merchant's son but I'm not simple and I won't marry you, Fiona. I'm sorry.

He closes the door and  Fiona sighs and walks off.

Knuckles: Is she gone?

Charmy: Yeah.

Knuckles: Can you imagine? She asked me to marry her! Me! The husband of that boorish, brainless...

Knuckles: Senor Fiona! Can't you just see it? Senor Fiona! Her little husband.

The bee stuck his tongue out in disgust.

Charmy: Ugh!

Knuckles:  No, way! Not me! I guarantee it!! I want much more than this provincial life! I want adventure in the great wide somewhere I want it more than I can tell, and for once it might be grand to have someone understand; I want so much more than they've got planned!

Knuckles and Charmy look at the view they had got and wondered how Vector and Espio are doing. Meanwhile, with Espio and Vector, they are trying to get to the place  they're going with Fawn but take a wrong turn and are surprised that it's winter in summer.

 Meanwhile, with Espio and Vector, they are trying to get to the place  they're going with Fawn but take a wrong turn and are surprised that it's winter in summer

The chameleon sees the horse distress and tries to soothe her.

Espio: Fawn, what's... 

He looks behind with Vector and sees wolves getting ready to pounce.

Espio: Uh-oh.

Vector: Go!

Fawn tries to get the 2 reptiles to safety but loses Vector and he had to find somewhere to stay safe. Vector coughs before seeing a big snow covered castle.