A forbidden wing and unexpected rescue

At the castle, after having breakfast and meeting Sticks and Amy, Knuckles wonders where Rouge slept since he didn't get a full view of the castle since last night. When he sees a pathway that looked crumbled he decided that he should go sticking his muzzle into secret places and he didn't mind to explore. 

The red echidna pass through some crumbling statues after going up the stairs and came to a huge door and he opened it and saw the room at the other side was a more messy than the hallway, as he explored he almost made a small table fall before catching it and placing it back to where it was with a sigh of relief. He saw a ripped painting with a white bat girl seemingly familiar eyes she looked around his age. 

When he tried to hang some of the portrait up wondering what it really was before being wrecked, a red glow brings him out of his thoughts and sees a glowing red rose in a bell jar and walks over to it.

He removes the bell jar and goes to touch the rose but feels a hand pulling him back.

Knuckles: Whoa! (Crashes into some wood and sees Rouge putting the bell jar back on the rose) Uh-oh.

Rouge: What are you doing here?! What did you do to it?!

Knuckles: Nothing.

Rouge: You could've doomed us all! Get out of here! (Knuckles runs off) Go!! (Calms down, realizes what she did and facepalms) What have I done?

Meanwhile...

Sticks: (Playing chess with Amy) Checkmate. Again.

Amy: Oh, you cheater!

Sticks: (Sees Knuckles) Oh, hey there! What're you doing?

Knuckles: Getting out of here!

Sticks: What?! (Sits off her seat)

Amy: Stop! (Blows a whistle as Shadow closes the door and holds Knuckles cloak)

Sticks: (To Angel) Go, Angel. Don't let him leave!

Sonic: (Appears with Marine) Stop him! (Angel then plays and doesn't listen to the others) No, Angel!

Amy: No, it's not playtime, girl!

Sticks: Down, down, silly girl! (Angel goes through a hidden door through the big one)

Amy: Bad dog! Bad dog!!

Knuckles was able to get his cloak safely much to Shadow's surprise and goes through where Angel went through.

Sticks: No-no-no! Don't go! It isn't safe!

Sonic: Ohh, boy.

Knuckles gets on Fawn and rides back to his home and hears and sees some wolves coming after him and tries to escape before getting on a frozen lake, he tries to attack the wolves but were able to overpower him, as the alpha wolf was ready to attack Rouge comes in and save Knuckles but gets hurt in the process as the wolves run off. 

She saw Knuckles safe and sound and she passed out. Knuckles tries to leave but his heart is telling him to stop and help her. He went to Rouge lifted her up and wrapped her in the cloak making her slightly conscious.

Knuckles: You have to help me. You need to stand. (Puts Rouge on Fawn and goes back to the castle hoping he isn't too late)