Chapter 22

"Wherever you are

"Wherever you are .......no force in this world can stop me from claiming you back"

no force in this world can stop me from claiming you back"

Y/N's POV:

I sipped the refreshment in my hand eagerly, feeling in heaven because of the taste, oh I missed this! I hummed after taking a large bite of my burger, shoving the embarrassment and manners out of the window.

The man in front of me was kind enough to busy himself with other small things, instead of staring at me.

I sighed after chewing and gulping down my last bite, almost tearing up, finally feeling full after 3 years.

"Thank you.......Mark"

I whispered,to which he smiled a sad smile at me. We were currently inside his small apartment, it was a well maintained one, neither too poor nor rich looking.

After my irrational action, I'm grateful that I met him and he took me in, insisting to give me a place to stay until I figure out what to do next with my life. As I looked around at his apartment I couldn't help but feel a twinge of envy, he seems to be living a peaceful, normal life. Unlike me. My eyes landed on a photo frame. There was a young girl portrait in it, around 12 to 14 years I think.

Mark followed my line of sight before releasing a fond sigh.

"My daughter"

I snapped my head towards him- confused.

"What...?"

"She's my daughter- not biological tho,I adopted her after a few months of being released from the asylum, she was being harassed when I was passing an alley, I couldn't bring myself to leave her alone so I tried to save her and manage to succeed"

I stared at him, processing his words before he spoke again.

"She didn't have a home back then,so I took her in- as an escape from my loneliness,we soon grew that daughter and father bond so yeah-"

He shrugged as I nodded, glancing at the photo frame once again, the girl had a small smile as she stared beyond the lenses as if looking at the person capturing it.