28

All you wanted was to stay in that position for as long and possible

All you wanted was to stay in that position for as long and possible. You weren't ready to let go and lose his familiar scent. His warm embrace was bathing you in solace and his steady breaths were music to your ears. You wanted to stay there forever. But of course, you were a busy person. Your job was basically to be exhausted and drained. A small date wasn't going to change that.

You were the first person to wake up, so you propped up on your elbows and leaned slightly over Mingyu, taking in the perfection of his features. Watching him sleep may sound creepy, but you weren't trying to be. In fact, seeing him in such a peaceful state caused the corner of your lips to float.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." Mingyu mumbled hoarsely, making you jump out of your skin.

"That's cliche." You smacked him weakly.

His eyes fluttered open so he was now admiring your morning face. "Did you have fun staring?" He smirked.

You rose your chin, insisting on being stubborn,"I wasn't staring."

He cupped your chin, forcing your eyes to meet his, his grin hadn't been erased. "I'm not complaining. I would rather you stare at me than anyone else." Despite his teasing expression, his tone was serious.

He sat up a little, allowing your lips to brush against each other's, leaving the lingering feeling of his peck behind as he laid back down.

"What was that for?" You smiled, ignoring your pink tainted cheeks.

"No reason. I just think you look really pretty right now."

"Wow. I think I like this side of you. Is this what it feels like to have Kim Mingyu like you?" You pretended to faint, laying on your back facing the ceiling.

Mingyu took the opportunity to lean over you, mischief written all over his expression. "This isn't even the best of it. Just wait until we get home. You'll have my full attention."

You put your index finger on the tip of his nose and pushed his head back a tiny bit. "Nope. Your attention will be on work, just as it should be."

"And you're going to be with me all the time." He moved your finger and buried his head in the crease of your neck. "I'm gonna appreciate it while it lasts before you go back to full workaholic mode."

You were still struggling to believe that the night prior actually happened. You found it difficult to come to terms with Mingyu having feelings for you. But most of all, you couldn't believe that you, yourself had confessed. You felt stupid but at the same time, you loved how much more closer you had gotten to Mingyu. There was no more awkward tension. Now you could just be comfortable in each other's arms.