𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗♡︎

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal.'...I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream."

-Martin Luther King Jr. August 28, 1963.

With her time in Dallas, Texas, Y/n had done a lot of things in such a short period of time.

Being in nineteen sixty-three, Dallas, Texas, she had changed a little bit of her outfit so she fit in better. (Elliot suggested it and said that people would continue to look at her weird anyways) She obligated, knowing that her shirt was ruined from all the fighting at the theater anyway. It's not like she changed much, but a good enough amount. She got a hair cut, as it was the only way that she would change her hair. As she had told Elliot, "I am under no circumstances getting any of those bangs that I saw outside." (She got bangs) She wore pants instead of shorts, though she still had the daggers strapped to her thigh at all times. She changed her shirt. It was a black tank top that had the mesh bottom part to it. She had liked that about her old shirt, so why change it? Getting another leather jacket was a must since she didn't want to wear her cloak around everywhere. And, per Elliot's idea, she had to get different boots. The iconic sixties boots, but in black. (Obviously)

After staying at Elliot's apartment for a few weeks, she started looking for an apartment for herself. She had gotten a small job that she worked three days a week. It didn't pay much compared to other jobs. Though, it didn't help that she was a woman in the sixties and she looked like a teenager. It was better than nothing though. After searching for a few weeks, she had found an apartment that wasn't that far away from Elliot's. She was lucky too, the owner had to have a lot of convincing, threatening, to let her get the apartment.

She had gone around the city and watched the police in her free time. Though, of course, she did it while decently hidden. She didn't want to look like a stalker or like she was there doing nothing. Watching the Dallas Police, she learned a lot about what they did and how they did it. Obviously she didn't agree with most of it. Her and Elliot would search for articles on the weekends about what had happened with the police a few days prior or that day. The articles would range anywhere from what had happened in Dallas to something that had happened in Washington. They could find things that had happened years ago that they could compare to something that had happened recently. She wanted to bring light to the situation.

Ever since she had gotten arrested the first day in Dallas, she was going to do whatever she could to stop the way the police were treating civilians. And especially how they treated colored folk. She thought that it was bad enough, but it just kept getting worse.

That first day, though she knew that it could've been much worse, had caused her to do what she was doing. That and what had happened when she went to New York in nineteen sixty-nine.

Within the first month of being in Dallas, she had anonymously contacted the newspaper editor. After some convincing, and maybe a small threat, she got her own article part in the newspaper. The most popular newspaper in the city. It was an anonymous piece that came out every other day. Of course there were mixed emotions about the whole thing. There were the people that bought the newspaper just because of that piece and because they believed in the same thing that she did. Or there were the people that thought it was ridiculous and there was nothing wrong with the system. Though, that never stopped her from doing it.

She had gathered a group of people, mostly colored, but some that were not. Elliot, being the amazing person he was, let them all have a meeting each week in Morty's after hours.