First Date

Hello beautiful people! Sorry for the looooooooooong wait! I don't know if you'll like this chapter to much... I feel like it still needs work. I had a bit of a writer's block while writing this chapter. I really want to get this story moving but it's taking some time.... and considering that I haven't recieved to many comments on my story maybe i should keep the story on hold? Anyhoo, that's a decision for a later time!

Anyways read/vote/comment/fan me! Thanks so much for reading! Let me know what you think!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Dani’s POV

            “Oh my god… what just happened?” I thought. I can’t believe that Travis is going to be the one taking me out on my first date! And it was going to be a special date in his words. I wonder what we were going to do? When he left, I wouldn’t look at him. I think if I did, I would call it off immediately. And I so didn’t want to do that. Grrrrrr! I feel so frustrated about this whole thing! What am I going to do??? I obviously can’t talk to Avalon, she’d give me the ‘What the HELL are you thinking’ lecture. I pondered this for a few seconds… then inspiration hit… Mom.

            I head downstairs in search for my Mom. As always she was in the kitchen. She really needed to go out by herself and deserve a break. That is after she helps me ;) She was cooking something for dinner. Eggplant Parmesan…. Mmmmmmm, my favorite. Too bad I was going to miss it. Maybe I can ask her to save some leftovers…

            “Hey mom, can I ask you a favor?” I ask her.

            “Sure baby,” she says, “what do ya need?” I hesitate for a while before I say,

            “Um, first date advice.” I didn’t even finish my sentence before my Mom squealed in delight. Yes. She squealed.

            “Oh my goodness, baby,” she squealed, “who asked you out on your FIRST DATE?”

            “Oh my god Mom!” I say shocked, “don’t have a heart attack! Your making me rethink the whole first date advice thing.”

            “No!” she exclaims, “Sorry I’m just excited is all.”

            “It’s okay.” I reply, “so do you wanna know who asked me or are you going to blow up again?”

            “I’ll be fine,” my mom answers, “who’s the boy?” Yeah right! Like my mom isn’t going to blow up when she finds out that Travis asked me out. Maybe I should toy with her a bit longer? Nah, that’d be mean.

            “Are you absolutely sure?” I ask.

            “Dani Arriane Coleman, if you don’t tell me who this is you may as well not go on your date,” she replies. Ooooh! She’s a sneaky one, and I was really beginning to enjoy this!

            “It’s Travis.” I say. My mom stops what she’s doing and looks at me. When I didn’t say anything she drops her jaw and she completely explodes like a hot air balloon on the fourth of July.

            “WHAT?!?” she exclaims. “Travis asked you out!” I didn’t know how to respond to this so I sort of gave her a nod of my head.

            “AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH, HONEY, WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL  ME!” she blows. I wince, that wasn’t the reaction I was expecting from my mother.