Hold On For Dear Love

Please read the A/N note at the end. Thanks!

If we’re not stupid

We’ll both hold on for dear love

Fight our way through this

It’s not worth just givin’ up

Cause I’ve got some fire left in me

And I don’t see us endin’ this way

If we’re not stupid

We'll both hold on for dear love, love

(Hold on for Dear Love by Bridgit Mendler)

 (Picture of Dani's prom dress on the side, it's sort of smushed....)-->

Chapter 26

Dani’s POV

            “Dani,” Cameron says exasperated, “I don’t want to go shopping for prom!”

            “You’re going to have to Cam,” I reply, “mom’s making me take you, besides you’re Shane’s date.”

            “No one told me this,” he huffed rolling his wheel chair down the ramp at the mall. I chuckle and mess up his hair,

            “So you don’t want to go with Shane?” I ask. He looks up at me big shock written all over his face.

            “NO!” I give him a look, “I-I just don’t get why I have to do this.”

            “Shane’s a senior, you’re a junior,” I say walking next to his chair, “this is the only prom you’ll get!”

            “Fine,” he huffed once again. We enter a store and try to catch the attention of a sales lady.

            “Hi,” I say, “I was wondering if you could help my brother find a tux for prom?”

            “Why of course sugar!” said one with a southern accent, “where is he?” I moved so she could see my brother in his chair. I look at her face to see if it would change. It didn’t. If anything she sounded cheerier than ever, “Well, aren’t you a cutie? Who’s the lucky girl?” I giggle as I see my brother blush a bright red. Turning back to me, the sales lady says, “I’m Debby by the way.”

            “Nice to meet you Debby, I’m Dani and this is my brother Cameron” I say taking her outstretched hand.

            “Well I’ll get him fixed up in a jiffy!” she exclaims pushing my brother off to the tuxedos. I hurry after her. When I caught up, Cameron was struggling to stand up, but Debby caught hold of his arm and helped him up.

            “My, sweetie, look at you! You’re so tall and handsome, that girl is gonna have one heck of a time,” says Debby. And que blush for Cameron. While Debby helped Cameron try on some tuxedoes, I couldn’t help but think back to about a month ago.

******************************************************************************

            “It seems that your son has lost the ability to walk.” I hear my mother gasp. I’m not even sure I heard right.

            “Excuse me?” I ask frightened. The doctor looks me straight in the eye, sighs as if he’s bored of this conversation, and says,