Unwanted Feelings

No song title here either.... let me know any if you can :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dani's POV

            I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I actually had fun with Travis today. It was actually the first time I’ve seen him act like himself in ages. I guess the same went for me because I’m pretty sure he mirrored my thoughts. Plus he scored some brownie points by remembering our childhood together. I was a little shocked that he still remembered, but was totally happy afterwards… until I remembered we weren’t alone in the car. Ugh those darn twins and their nosiness. I am never going to hear the end of it until I tell them what actually caused us to break apart. It was still too painful to think about even after all these years.

***

            It was just a normal day in 5th grade and Travis and I were playing with each other during recess. We were playing hide and go seek with each other and he always found me no matter where I hid. After we tired of the game we sat down and talked. I told him about how my dad and mom are going to adopt a lot of children soon. He told me about the new girl, Chelsea Han, in our class. He told me he liked her a lot. So I told him “Well, why don’t you invite her here to play with us… I mean look she’s lonely.” Travis agreed and went to talk to her, but he never came back to me. I later found out that they were talking with each other the entire time. Don’t get me wrong I was happy for him, it just that he hurt me a lot that day, and even though he apologized and I forgave him… I had no idea what was in store for me for the next couple of years.

***

            I was on the brink of tears until Cam saw my face and knew what happened. He was the only one who comforted me that day when Travis ditched me. He didn’t know what was wrong, but nevertheless he comforted me. He was so grown up when he was younger. He always made me smile when I was upset. I’m so scared to leave him next year when I head off to college. I don’t know what I’d do without him, even though he does annoy me, but I love him anyways! Anyways, back to the point, I gave him a small smile then looked out the window, but not before he said,

            “Hey Dani, I think someone’s checking you out.” I turned around giving him one of my grateful looks showing that he had cheered me up, but that it was unnecessary to add the next part. Then I looked back at Travis and turned around but not before he called my little bro a little twerp. A laugh erupted from my lips before I could stop it. Travis turned and looked at me, and I didn’t know what to do so I just gave him a small smile. He gave me a small smile in return but he had no idea what effect it had on me. When we reached my house, I knew I had to high tail it out of there before I burst into tears in front of him. But of course my dad had to come and ask why he was late. That’s when I decided I had to save him from my father, and stepped out of the car. My dad looked a little shocked that I was in the car with Travis. I think he still hasn’t forgiven Travis after what’s he’s done to me when we were younger.

            “Dani, what happened to your car?” dad asked.

            “Flat tire,” I said in as much of a neutral voice as I can. I know I probably hurt Travis by not saying anything to him, but I feared that if I did. I would lose control and start crying right in front of him. And not to mention if I did… it would be my biggest secret ever.