"I'm Not Riding that Death Trap!"

Newest update peoples! Comment/vote/fan please!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------We sat there like that for what seemed like hours, but just mere minutes. I was still on top of Austin and crying like a baby. When my sobs stopped neither of us moved. We sat there for who knows how long! Finally Austin said,

            “Come on Daniel. We need to bring you back home.” I reluctantly get off of Austin and punch him playfully in the arm.

            “You know my name is Daniella,” I say.

            “I know,” he replies, “but it made you feel better didn’t it?” I let out a laugh.

            “Yes, yes it did. Thank you.”

            “No problemo,” he says picking himself off the floor and holding a hand out to me. I take it and he pulls me up. Since the fates obviously hate me, I ended up getting off the ground clumsily. Just as I was about to fall to my doom, Austin catches me around the waist. I gasp a little sharply, and neither of us moved, our eyes locked. His ocean blue eyes were on me, eying my lips every so often. I wanted to tell him off, but then I’d be a hypocrite because my eyes were going down the exact same trail. Suddenly his eyes widen and he breaks eye contact with me pulling me up to stand straight. Once that was done, he removed his hands from my waist and stuck them in his pockets.

            The silence was so unbearable until I cleared my throat. Austin looks up at me and I ask,

            “Um… maybe we should head back?”

            “Yeah, sure let’s do that.” He replies. We begin to walk back to my house and made a couple of comments to each other here and there. But for the most part we were both silent. I didn’t know what Austin was thinking about, but I definitely knew what I wanted back there. I wanted him to kiss me. I wanted this jerkface of a boy to kiss me, long and hard. I tried to get the thought of his eyes and his lips out of my mind, but apparently my brain had a different idea. Grrrrrrr! I hate the brain. When you think of something it always reminds you of it.

            We finally reached my house and I kept trying to say something to him to break the awkwardness of what happened back there. I was just about to say something when,

            “Do you need a ride?” Austin asks.

            “Huh?” I say dumbfounded.

            “Do you need a ride to school tomorrow?” he chuckles.

            “What? Oh no, I already have one…” I tamper off.

            “Really? Who?” he asks.

            “Travis.” I mumble.

            “WHAT?!?” He practically screams.

            “Shhhhhhhhh!” I whisper loudly, “what is your problem?”

            “Your letting that jerk take you to school tomorrow?” he says fuming.

            “Of course I am,” I begin, “he’s still my friend Austin.”

            “Dani, he’s going to let…” I didn’t let him finish.

            “Austin,” I say, “I can take care of myself okay?”

            “Whatever?” he mumbles. Geesh! What happened to the sweet little kid from a few minutes ago? Trying to change the subject,