Chapter 2

Doyoung watched over yedam's back as he turned around and followed the path asahi walked down. Doyoung's smile slowly turned upside down. 

He slouched as he turned around and made way to his own classroom. 

Meanwhile yedam and asahi were sorting out the notebooks of their grade. The classroom had no working lights. A little bit of light showed through the slightly translucent blue curtains covering the windows of the classroom. 

It was peaceful and quiet. Asahi didn't talk much. At first yedam thought he didn't like him but eventually he realized that's just how he was. 

"So? Did you think of anything to do for the school festival?" Asahi asked suddenly, making yedam almost drop the pile of notebooks he managed to make. 

"Uh no not yet. I still have to discuss with my class." Yedam replied. "And you?"

"I haven't discussed it yet either. But I meant you. Is there something you want to do?"

Yedam felt his heart drop at the sound of asahi being curious about him. He wanted to know more about him. 

"umm...I just want everyone to enjoy and let go of their worries about exams. So maybe something like a water balloon fight?" 

"That's a pretty fun idea." Asahi replied. "We should do that."

Yedam felt proud for earning a compliment from his crush. 

"You're a nice person, yedam. You definitely deserve that title. You care about everyone. I admire you for that." 

Yedam felt his heart beating fast. Really fast. It was dark but he could hear asahi turn around and walk towards him. Yedam looked away, hoping asahi wouldn't notice his red cheeks. And thankfully, he didn't. Thanks to the darkness.

Asahi came and placed his pile of notebooks beside yedam's.

"Thank you. Compliments like that make me happy." yedam thanked. 

He didn't know what to say. 

Asahi patted him on the shoulder and walked out of the classroom.

Yedam's phone:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Doyoung-ie <3

DOYOUNG DOYOUNG DOYOUNG DOYOUNG

Jesus what happened stop yelling

AHASKDHD I CANT

What happened? 

ITS ASAHI

What about him?

DID YOU KISS?? 

HUH?! NO DOYOUNG WHAT- 

I wish :(

BUT ANYWAY IT WASNT THAT

THEN WHAT 

LET ME SPEAK DUMBASS

oh yeah sorry my bad

ANYWAYS

HE WAS HELLA CURIOUS ABOUT WHAT I WANTED TO DO FOR THE FESTIVAL AND EMPHASIZED

WHAT I SPECIFICALLY WANTED TO DO

DOYOUNG, HE WAS GENUINELY CURIOUS ABT ME

AND AS IF THAT DIDNT MAKE ME HAPPY ENOUGH, HE COMPLIMENTED ME SAYING I DESERVE MY POSITION AND

HE ADMIRED ME FOR THAT ASDHASDADJFH I CANT BELIEVE THIS

REALLY SDHSDHSDKHSA IM HAPPY FOR YOU

But report to me once you kiss next time :)

DOYOUNG STOP WE WONT AJDSHASDHA

yeah yeah whatever lets leave it at that 🙄

😤😤😤

-----------------------------------------------------------

Doyoung was with junghwan in the backyard of the school. Junghwan was another close friend of doyoung's.

"Why are you smiling at your phone?" Junghwan asked.

Doyoung looked up to Junghwan smirking at him.

Doyoung rolled his eyes.

"I'm just texting yedam."

"Jesus date already. You like him and the both of you know each other for so long."

"Its not that easy, dumbass. The feelings need to be mutual. I like him on my own. He...likes asahi. You know that."

It hurt junghwan to see his friend like this.

"Maybe try and give it a try? He doesn't even know about how you feel." Junghwan suggested.

"Junghwan, yedam thinks of me as his childhood bestfriend. Why would I give it a shot when I know it will only make things more awkward between us?"

Junghwan sighed. There was no convincing him. Now, he was on his own.