Chapter 9

"Doyoung..." Yedam started. "I'm...i'm sorry for doing that to you. I really am. I never realized how fucked up it was of me. I can't believe I made you feel that way." 

Doyoung couldn't just easily say "it's okay" or "i forgive you" because that's just how much it hurt. 

"But doyoung, I like asahi and-" 

"yes, i know. You like Asahi and you don't see me that way because we are bestfriends. And i already knew that. That's why i never intended on confessing to you. Yet that day when you "confessed " to me, i almost confessed back."

Yedam hung his head low out of guilt. 

"Yedam, am i that easy to make a fool out of? What would have happened had i confessed? Would you have told me then and there that it was a joke? or would you have felt as though you were at fault and would have dated me out of guilt?"

Yedam got up and hugged doyoung. 

"Doyoung, I'm sorry. I know that no matter how much i apologize you would still be hurting. And I don't expect you to forgive me at all. I didn't know and that was my fault too. I'm sorry for putting you through this." 

Doyoung slightly pushed Yedam away and looked at him with tearful eyes. 

Why did it have to be yedam? Why did it have to be his bestfriend? 

Yedam's heart felt like it had been pierced. The way doyoung looked at him tore him apart inside. 

"I'm sorry too, Yedam. But I can't forgive you that easily. Right now I don't think I can face you."

Doyoung got up, picked his bag and left. He left yedam behind. A heartbroken, guilt-ridden yedam behind.

Doyoung ran down the hallway, not having believed he just confessed. And, despite knowing he would be rejected, it still hurt actually being said to. 

"where are you going?!" A teacher that doyoung ran past, yelled. "Get to your lesson!"

"I'm headed to the nurse's" doyoung yelled back. 

But he wasn't. He went to the backyard. Where he found junghwan lying down on a bench, using his phone. 

"W-what are you doing here? Are you skipping?" Doyoung asked.

"Yeah I can't be bothered." Junghwan replied, recognizing doyoung's voice while still not having looked. 

He got up and was surprised to see doyoung with teary eyes and a red nose. 

"Y-you cried? What's wrong?!" Junghwan looked startled. 

"I confessed...to yedam." Doyoung revealed. 

He sat beside Junghwan and told him everything that just happened. Junghwan looked sad for doyoung. But at the same time proud. 

"why do you look proud?" doyoung asked.

"Because that was a courageous move. You finally let out your feelings after so long to the person who severely hurt you. You got everything out despite being hurt."

"Thanks, junghwan. Really. You've helped me out a lot." 

"Obviously. You're a pretty close friend of mine." 

They smiled at each other. 

Doyoung may have lost his friendship with yedam and that could never be replaced but he knew that things wouldn't be over between him and junghwan any time soon.