Chapter 12

Thanks to haruto and junghwan, doyoung was able to get his mind off of yedam. That did not mean, however, that he didn't miss him. He still loved Yedam and he still missed him. Now when they would cross paths at school, doyoung would naturally ignore him, talking to either junghwan or haruto or both. 

But it hurt yedam. It hurt that he and doyoung had become so distant. And it hurt that he was the cause of it all. It also hurt how doyoung would avoid him. 

Yedam and Asahi were in the student council meeting room alone, organizing project submissions of the 2nd years. 

"You don't talk to him at all, anymore." Asahi suddenly spoke. 

"Doyoung, you're referring to, I'm assuming." Yedam replied. "And yes. We don't. Things just...happened."

"I'm not one to intrude in other's lives. But if you want to talk, i can listen." 

Asahi's words touched Yedam. But strangely, it didn't make his heart skip a beat, like it usually would have. Yedam dismissed this sudden shift in feelings as being one of the side effects of his now broken friendship with doyoung. Clearly, he deeply missed doyoung. 

"He...likes me." Yedam said, guilt being apparent in his voice after he realized that he wasn't in the position to go around spreading information about doyoung's feelings towards him. 

Asahi laughed, surprisingly. 

"Don't look so guilty. I won't tell anyone. But that's a surprise. Another case of love story between childhood friends, huh? And what about you?"

"I rejected him." 

"Why? You wanted to protect your friendship?"

"I guess. But it just ruined everything instead. And I did something worse by practicing my confession to my actual crush on him."

"Well, its not like you could date him out of pity. Thats the worst of the worst. The confessing part was messed up sure, but now you can't turn back time. Just look ahead to see what you can change."

"These days he hangs out with junghwan and that new kid." 

Yedam's smile turned upside down as a frown appeared on his face. 

Asahi smirked. 

"Are you jealous?" Asahi asked. 

Yedam instantly looked up, eyes wide open. Asahi couldn't tell if he was flustered or if realization hit him and he was shocked. 

Yedam just stared at Asahi, wide-eyed for a few minutes. 

"N-no why would i?!" Yedam replied. 

"Both. He's both, flustered AND shocked." Asahi thought to himself. 

Meanwhile Junghwan, haruto and doyoung were in the school canteen when a senior approached them. Haruto and doyoung recognized him as one of the basketball team members. 

"Haruto, doyoung, for the school festival, we will be hosting a basketball match. You guys aren't pre-occupied with something else, right?" The senior asked. "It's not compulsory for all members. Just for entertainment."

Haruto and doyoung looked at each other and shared a smile. 

"We'll enter!" both said in unison. 

The senior smiled at them and walked away. 

"Yall weren't fooling around when you said you love basketball, huh?" Junghwan said. 

"That's me when talking about you and your love for donuts." Doyoung replied. 

Haruto laughed at them bickering. He loved being with doyoung and junghwan. It felt as thought nothing mattered. And when he saw doyoung smile, it felt like the world was a peaceful place with no worries.