Chapter 7

Thankfully, Doyoung didn't have to face yedam for the next two days because it was the weekends. But that didn't mean yedam wouldn't constantly text Doyoung. 

Doyoung's phone vibrated. He saw his screen light up with notifications from yedam. He didn't know whether he should reply. But then he realized, he had to stop running away and face Yedam head on at SOME point. And right now, he was only going to stop running away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doyoung-ie <3

DOYOUNG

doyoungie

doyoung-ah

dobby

what

i'm bored ;(

watch smth idk

why are you so dry to me :(

i'm not tho

you are :(

fine i am

why :(

idk i just said that
because you did. 

did i do smth wrong?

yes, yedam. You did. 
Deleted message

woah what was that

i'm trolling you
but no you didn't

then why have you been 
cold to me.

Even when
we were returning from
s

chool the other day.

Yeah i told you i wasnt
feeling well.

are you okay now?

Not really. but i'll be fine.

Well i hope so. msg me if 
you feel worse. get well soon 

bby <3

thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doyoung closed his phone and laid down on his bed. He was exhausted, hurt and confused. The weekends passed by as Yedam constantly messaged doyoung to check on his wellbeing only to get dry responses. It felt as though he and doyoung had become distant. 

Finally they had to get back to school as the weekdays started. Doyoung reached the school earlier and sat down in his seat. He got out his books and pretended to be doing work. 

The door slid open and doyoung caught a whiff of yedam's favourite perfume. 

Fuck. He's here. 

Yedam came and sat down on his chair. He stared at doyoung. 

"how are you feeling, dobby?" he asked, concern being apparent in his voice. But not for the reason doyoung thought. Not because doyoung "hadn't been feeling well". Well, that too, but the main reason was whether doyoung was really becoming distant from him. 

"I'm feeling better i guess. I'm just sort of stressed out with upcoming exams." Doyoung replied, not looking up. 

Before they could continue their conversation, the teacher came in. 

"yedam, doyoung, i need your help." The teacher asked. 

Doyoung finally looked up. He looked at yedam who looked at him back, and then instantly tore away his gaze. Yedam was more confused than ever. 

"What is it?" Doyoung asked. 

"Both of you are extremely creative and artistic. I would like your help with making the banners for the upcoming festival." 

"But-" doyoung started speaking. 

"Sure, sir. We'll do it in break and possibly after school." Yedam interrupted. 

Yedam stood up and walked towards his own class, oblivious to the fact that doyoung was following him until he felt his sleeve being tugged at, as he turned around to find doyoung holding his wrist. 

"Hey, you didn't ask if i really wanted to help." Doyoung said. 

"What's the problem, though?" Yedam asked. "This isn't the first time we would be making banners. We did it all the time in middle school."

"Yes but it's different now." 

Doyoung let go of Yedam's wrist and averted his gaze, not having the courage to maintain eye contact with Yedam. Yedam, however, refused to look away. He wanted answers.

"And why exactly is it different now?" Yedam persisted, until he got an answer. 

"B-because we are in high school now." Doyoung replied.

"And? We still are friends as close as ever." 

It was obvious at this point, that what Yedam thought the reason doyoung refused was, was that doyoung was avoiding him and drifting apart from him. And that scared him the most. He was losing his bestfriend.