chapter 10

Dean followed the trail Sam and Bobby left with their blood. The cautiously looked over his shoulder to make sure nobody was following him. He heard a dull bang at his left, but when Dean looked he could only see the wall. A few pieces of dirt fell down from it, but nothing happened. The breathed out and started walking again. He constantly checked if the knife he held was still in his hands. It made him feel a little safer. Then he thought about Bobby and Sam. What would those beasts be doing with them right now? That made him walk faster. At a point he was almost running. Then there was a small, narrow path on his right. He saw the bloodstains going that way. Dean shook his head. “Well, that’s going to be a though fit.” He said to himself before stepping onto the path. He followed it a few steps, but it suddenly grew dark. When he looked back, all he could see was a little beam of light from the hallway he came from. He turned back and continued stumbling through the dark passage. Then he hit a wall. There wasn’t anything else. He couldn’t continue his journey any further. He cursed and grabbed is flashlight. He shone it onto the ground and saw the bloodstains on the floor. But where did they go? He sat down, leaning against the wall. Maybe he should try to find Cas. But he wanted to save his brother. Cas could handle himself. Dean kept repeating to himself. He slammed his arm back in frustration and hit the wall. Then he fell backwards and saw a beam of light coming from the direction he fell in. he was laying under detritus and groaned something. His knees were bleeding and he had a huge scratch on his arm and he was sure he felt a few broken ribs, but he got up and looked around. There he saw Crowley sitting in the middle of the room. He was talking to the leader of the Arachnesses before Dean came slamming in, but now they both looked in his direction. “And there is the third one…” Crowley sighed. “Well Dean. Isn’t this a pleasant meeting… AGAIN?….. why do you always have to oppose me when I’m doing something.” Crowley said somewhat irritated. “Well, sorry Crowley, but you just seem to draw me to you every time you do something stupid.” Dean said smirking. “Very funny Dean. Where is your boyfriend? I’ve already got moose and the drunk, but I haven’t seen wings yet.” Crowley said. “He is far, far away from me, you know?” Dean said. “Owh no. I can feel he is in here somewhere, so don’t lie to me.” Crowley said. Dean cursed on the inside, worried about Cas. Cas was actually doing alright. He was just getting used to the spider webs and wasn’t afraid of them anymore. Earlier he fell against the wall, but he didn’t have any serious injuries. When he turned a corner he saw a little bit of light coming from the other side. The turned back, trying to stay out of sight, and examined the hallway. When he was sure it was clear, he slinked in the direction of the light, and came to a wooden door, which was hardly used in a long time. Cas could tell by looking at the rotten wood and the door handle was almost gone. He reached out and opened the door, and then closed it immediately.  There were a lot of Arachnesses behind that door. He sat and waited for a long time, but couldn’t come up with an idea to go through that room without being seen. It was impossible. Dean was sitting next to Sam and Bobby. His lip bled and he had a huge cut just above his right eye, where Crowley cut him with his knife. Dean hadn’t told him where Castiel was. In the first place because he actually didn’t know, and in the second place because he cared too much about Cas and didn’t want him to be captured just like them. Sam and Bobby seemed unharmed and were still asleep. Dean watched the blood dripping from his face onto his jeans, but he was too dizzy to pay attention to it. His left eye was swollen and he had lost a lot of blood. Crowley was preparing the last few things for the ritual. “All done.” He heard Crowley say. “You can let them in.” Then there was a huge amount of light in the room and about a few hundred Arachnesses came walking in the room. Dean watched it with big eyes and a dropped mouth. There were so many of them. Cas was right. He had been right from the very beginning. They couldn’t win this. They were going to die. Dean felt a tear falling from his face. The first tear from anger. Cas had to come and save them quickly, or this would all be over in no time. Cas sat behind the door when he saw all the Arachnsesses walking towards a door. The door swung open and all the Arachnesses walked in. there were so many of them. he felt the door giving away under his weight, and he soon lay on the floor in the room. A Few Arachnesses came running up to him. Cas grumbled something and grabbed his knife. The first Arachness got the knife in his throat. He just stood there lifeless and then his head slowly fell off his body. That shocked the others a bit, but after a second they all came running up to Cas with amazing speed. Cas managed to make it out alive the first minutes. The slid the knife through a lot of body parts, except his own of course. He swung the blade blindly around him, desperate to keep the monsters from capturing him, but it was no use. He bled in several places, and they were with too many. When they overpowered him, he could only think about the promise he made to Dean. To find him and free them. then anger took over.