chapter 5

When Dean woke up he saw that Sam and Cas were still sleeping. He couldn't blame them, they went to bed late last night. He sighed and got up. He yawned a couple of times and heard Cas stirring on the couch. Dean stood up straight and walked over to the couch. Cas saw that cas was curled up against the back of the couch. He didn't have a lot of room, and even though he was pressed against the back of the couch, he almost fell off the other side. Dean moved him a little bit and sat down at the end of the couch, right before Cas' feet. He almost fell back asleep, but he heard Sam waking up, which woke him again. "what's the time, Dean?" "I think it's around 6 in the morning, why?" I think we should start early today, because I'm not looking forward to walking into these woods when it's dark and those creatures are staring at us with their hungry eyes while we don't know where they are." Dean felt a shiver moving down his spine and he turned away from Sam, looking a bit pale. "well, let's get going then." He said. He walked over to Cas and woke him. "hey Cas, it's time to move your ass." He said. Cas opened his eyes and sat up. "also a good morning to you Dean." He said while walking over to the kitchen. Opened the freezer and took a beer and drunk the whole bottle at once. Dean stared at him in astonishment. "man, what's going on with you?!" "you want to keep moving right? I'm an angel, I usually don't sleep. When I do, I need a little more time to wake, so drinking a beer will fasten that." He said. Dean nodded and ate some breakfast. Then they packed the green bag and got into the Impala. Dean started his baby and drove off. They stopped at a spot on the left side of the road, where there was a path leading into the forest. All the trees were covered with the light silver webs. It was almost beautiful, but the fact that it was created by the Arachnes, made it creepy. They decided to leave the car at the road and walk into the forest, but not without filling Dean's bag with a crap load of knives and a few guns, and of course they were all separately packed with knives. They walked into the woods, and almost immediately all the light was gone. Apparently the webs didn't let any light go through. Dean turned on his lighter and shone onto the trees. "Dean! Keep your light off! Now they know where we are! You dumbass!" Sam whisper-shouted. Dean turned off his light quickly and cursed at himself for being so stupid. "shh, stand still." Cas said, while trying to listen. "I don't hear anything." Dean said. "no, you're right. That's the point. It's too quiet in here. We must be careful." They walked further into the woods. Then they heard something moving up in the trees. They saw leaves rustling and heard a growl coming from the trees. They stood still for a minute or so and then continued walking deeper into the forest. After a few hours of walking the came at a crossroad. "where should we go? we haven't found anything yet and I'm getting tired." Right after Dean said that he heard a weird mumbling noise coming from behind him, where Sam stood. Cas and Dean turned around, only to see nothing. And that was the point. Sam was gone. "jesus! Where is Sam? They must've taken him. We have to find him!" "but Dean, he could be anywhere!" Cas said. "let's first think and try to come up with a plan." "plan my ass. I have to find my brother, and fast, before they make him into one of them." Dean said. "okay, but what do you want to do? Where would you go look for him? Would you go left, right? That's right. We don't know which way they went. If we're going the wrong way, we won't find him. Ever." Cas said. And Dean knew he was right. He sighed. "okay Cas, what's the plan?" "I don't know yet, but maybe I can scan the grounds, maybe I can find out with how many they are?" "sounds like a plan. Go ahead Cas!" Dean said. Cas closed his eyes and was gone. After 2 seconds he was back. "wow, that was fast man." Dean said. Cas looked worried. "do Arachnes team up?" "usually not. Why?" "well they are with a lot and I think I have found Sam, but he is well guarded. We can never pass them all." "with how many are they?" "I think maybe fifty." Cas said. Deans eyes grew bigger and Cas looked worried. "we can never do this" Dean whispered almost breathless. "no Dean, it's Sam you're talking about. We have to get him back. And admit. Have we ever done anything that wasn't stupid? Have we ever had a plan that was waterproof?" Cas said. "no Cas, you're right. We never do things the easy way. It always has to get complicated." Dean talked to himself and Cas. Cas sighed in relieve. "well then. Lets kick some asses!" he said, while taking the path to their right. "are you sure we have to follow that path?" Dean asked. "yeah, I'm sure. I saw a lot of Arachnesses at one place, also the place where I spotted Sam, and this path leads to it. I think it would be logical to follow it." "but that is so predictable!" Dean said. "yeah, but I fear they will notice us right away, doesn't matter which path we take. Even if we would go straight through the wilderness they will notice us long before we arrive at the spot." Cas said. Dean sighed defeated. "you're right." He said and followed the angel.