chapter 24

(A/N)hey guys! i have added a song to this chapter. it's a great song to listen to while reading this chapter ( hint hint) it starts at 30 seconds. have fun reading!

Sam woke up in the middle of the night. He rubbed his eyes and groaned. This was the third time this night and he was thirsty. Again. The sighed and got out of bed. When he passed Cas' room he heard him whispering something. He couldn't hear what Cas was saying, but he could hear Cas was concerned and was struggling with something by the tone of his voice. Sam debated with himself on going in and asking Cas what was bothering him, but decided not to and walked into the bathroom. Three glasses were placed under the mirror on the sink. He grabbed one and filled it with water. When he looked up he saw a tired Dean coming into the bathroom. "Hey, Dean. How are you?" Dean rubbed his eyes and looked at Sam with tired eyes. Something was bothering him too. "I'm fine, but I'm worried about Cas." He said with a frown on his face. "Hey, don't worry man, it'll be alright. I bet it's mutual." Sam said while returning to his room. Dean stood in astonishment and momentarily couldn't move. When he was finally able to he caught up on Sam. "What do you mean 'mutual'?" "I mean, that either he will return the feelings you have, or he will still be your friend. Cas isn't judgemental and you know that. You just have to stop overanalysing everything." Sam said with a reassuring smile and patted Dean on his shoulder. Sam walked on. Should he ask Cas? Should he go in now and tell Cas? What if Cas didn't like him back. Dean knew damn well by now that he liked Cas very much. He scratched the back of his head and his feet guided him to Cas' room. He wanted to knock but the door wasn't closed entirely. He saw a light burning and he saw Cas sitting on the side of his bed, talking. Dean couldn't hear what he was saying, but he thought he was praying. Dean felt guilty for letting the angels catch Cas and torture him like they had. He walked into the room as quiets as possible and listened to what he said.

"And I think it's all wrong. I don't know what being human is meant to be, but I think I'm doing it wrong. I don't know what I'm feeling and needing. At the moment I feel like something is going to pour out of me, and I don't even know what to do. And then you have these other feelings that I can't explain. It's not like hunger, or thirst, but the feeling of friendship and trust, or liking someone, but I have no idea which is which, so I have to ask Dean or someone else. Father, I just have no idea what I'm doing and I can't be a burden to Dean and Sam. They have enough to worry about and I'm practically useless. And here's the worst thing. I have this weird feeling that......"

At that moment Cas felt an arm around his shoulder and someone else's body pressed against his back. "Never think you're useless, Cas. You're one of my best friends and never think you're going to be a burden for Sammy and me, because I'd rather have all the demons on earth hunting me, then losing you. Why do you think we came after you and brought you back. I can't go without you. Family doesn't end in blood." Cas smiled and a tear rolled down his cheek. "I know Dean, but I'm a useless human being. I just have no idea what to do. I just feel kind of lost, but I'll get over it." Cas turned around to face Dean and hugged him tightly. Dean hugged him back and inhaled his scent. Damn he smelled good. Dean felt a few tears from Cas falling onto his shirt. He let Cas go and saw the lost look he had in his eyes. "You should go to sleep. You'll feel better tomorrow. I promise." Cas nodded and climbed into his bed and under the covers. Dean tugged him in and walked towards the door. The light was turned off and Cas could only see the silhouette of Dean. Dean walked out the door and left the door slightly open. He wanted to walk away. "Dean?" Dean turned around and saw Cas sitting in his bed. "Do you want to stay the night? Please?" Dean smiled, but Cas couldn't see that, "I would love to." He said and walked over to Cas. He laid down on top of the covers next to Cas. "Goodnight Dean." "Goodnight Cas."

Cas was the first one to open his eyes. He felt energetic and much more alive as yesterday night. "Damn, sleep is awesome!" he whispered quietly, careful not to wake Dean. Dean was still sleeping and let out a snore. Cas looked over at him and smiled. It wasn't very charming. Dean was laying on his side with his cheek on the pillow and his mouth slightly open. Cas shook his head and turned Dean's laptop on. The sites he had last visited were still open and he read. When he couldn't find anything but an obviously made up story, he went to google and typed in 'language of power'. A whole list of result showed up and Cas sighed. This was going to take a while. He clicked on the first link and started reading. After an hour or something he felt Dean shifting sides. "What are you reading?" he asked. Cas casually closed the laptop. "Nothing, I was just checking up on Abigor." He lied. "I think we have to get me a new laptop. You're using mine more than me!" Dean laughed and laid down again. "How did you sleep?" Dean asked. "very well, thank you." "Do you feel better now?" "Yes, I do, why?" "I promised you yesterday and I wanted to know if I kept my promise." Dean stated satisfied. "let's go get breakfast!" Cas excitedly said while trying to get out of bed as fast as possible. He walked out the room. Sam saw Cas practically running out of his room and was wondering what had gotten into him, when he saw Dean also walking out of Cas' room. He chuckled and smiled innocently when Dean turned around and shot him a questioning look. "Nothing, but I don't want the details." He joked. Dean grew red and quickly walked after Cas. "I'll bake some eggs and bacon." He shouted after Cas. Sam shook his head and sat down at the table. A few minutes later they were set at the table and enjoying their breakfast. "Sam, I think Cas and I are going into town today to get food and a new laptop for me, because Cas has claimed mine." "Okay, fine. I'll find us a case. I need some action. It's been too long." Sam said, while reaching for his laptop. When breakfast was eaten. Cas and Dean got dressed properly and took the Impala to go into town. Dean let Cas choose the music, which of course was useless, because Cas didn't know anything about music, but he picked Bon Jovi, which was fine by Dean. He put fed the tape into the player and the car was filled with the sound of 'Wildflower'.