Chapter 20

The Brewers didn't make it to the postseason this year, which I think Christian was okay with because he wasn't playing. We didn't really go to any games this year, we honestly really didn't watch baseball because it made Christian upset every time so I just decided for his sanity, and my own, to not watch baseball at all while he couldn't play. 

We are currently on our family vacation to Hawaii, staying at the Disney resort of course. Tori is in heaven with all of the characters she's meeting and I'm just loving laying on the beach for a week with Christian. "So my dad called me the other day after he got the invitations to Jaelynn's party and he wants to come of course but I'm not sure that you're ready to see him." I said to my mom as we were getting ready to go to Luau. 

"I mean sweetie, I don't mind if he comes. He is your children's grandfather and he does have a right to see them. I won't make it awkward for you and I won't ruin Jaelynn's day at all, I would never want to do that to my grandchildren." She said. 

"I know you wouldn't do that on purpose. I still have to talk to dad and make sure that he wouldn't do the same. I know that he wouldn't but I just want to make sure to make me feel better." I said. "Have you heard anything about Ashley and the wedding?" I asked her. "No I haven't, you should really try talking to her again. Maybe try inviting her to Jaelynn's party?" She said. 

"No absolutely not. Now that is something that I don't think would be a good idea. I wouldn't want to ruin it for Jaelynn with us fighting over something stupid." I said. "Then you should definitely give her a call. Her mom has been saying that she keeps asking how you are and she is telling Ashley the same thing, to give you a call." She said and I sighed. 

"Mom I just don't know what to say to her, I really don't think I'm ready to forgive her for just dropping me out of her life and her wedding. She purposely said that I had changed when I came out here to live with Christian and she said that she had become basically best friends with Nick's baby momma." I said to her. 

"Well you think about it and what you want to do, then you just do it. There is no sense in talking about making you not want to do it more, I support you in everything you do. Ashley was, maybe still is, your best friend, since you were babies. I don't want to see that go to waste over something stupid. I love you Lilly, I just want you to have your best friend back." She said before walking out of the bathroom where we were talking and going back to her part of the suite.

 I sighed and looked at myself in the mirror. My mom was right, I should call her and try and patch things up, but did I really want to? I definitely didn't want to right now on vacation because if things went south I could never forgive myself for making myself miserable on our family vacation. "Hey babe, you ready to head down the Luau?" Christian asked, walking into the bathroom with Jaelynn in his arms. I smiled at the site at the two of them. 

"Yeah of course." I said walking up to them and giving them both a kiss. When we were at dinner, I couldn't help but just think of everything. "Are you okay? You've had a blank stare on your face for most of dinner?" Christian asked as the dessert was coming out. 

"Yeah, I'm just going through my thoughts of what my mom said to me earlier." I said. "Well what happened?" He asked, so I told him the whole story. "Well you should do whatever you want to do, if you don't want her to be in your life anymore, that is fine by me. If you do want her in your life, that is also fine by me too. I love you and I support your decisions." He said, giving me a kiss. 

"I love you and thank you for that. I was going to talk to you about it to see what you said as well because ya know, I value your opinions and whatnot." I said that last part with a laugh and he laughed as well. I'm just in a big dilemma with how I want to go about things with this conversation with Ashley. I don't even know if she'll pick up or anything like that. I just don't know what to do.