Chapter 22

The season has been going well for Christian since being back and it makes me so happy to see how happy he was getting back onto that field after his injury. We have some more news for everyone, we're pregnant again! 

We have an ultrasound appointment today for the first time because I am now just finding out, I'm pretty sure I'm like 10 weeks along. I think anyway, I can't tell anymore, but all I know is that after this I'm probably done having kids. Today was a day off so my mom was staying home with the girls while Christian and I just went to this appointment alone. 

"Are you ready to see our baby?" He asked as he was driving to the OB. "Yes of course, I hope you know this will probably be our last child together." I said. "If that's what you decide that's fine. But you know I'll have a whole baseball team if we can, we're still both young." He said. 

"I know we are, but having a lot of kids is hard, especially since we keep having them so close together." I said and he laughed. "Well maybe after this baby we can space it out a little bit. I just love you so much and you're such a great mom with Tori and Jaelynn." He said and I smiled. We went into the OB and did all of the paperwork again like we have twice before and we got called back. 

"Ah, Lilly and Christian it's good to see you guys again! Congratulations on the new baby! Let's have a look shall we?" My OB said and she put the gel on my stomach and started doing the ultrasound. "Well what do we have here?" She said turning the screen towards us and my eyes literally popped out of my head when I saw TWO babies in my uterus instead of one. "TWO? TWINS?" I said kind of loudly but I didn't care. 

"Yes twins! Congratulations!" She said as she kept going on with the ultrasound. I turned to look at Christian and his eyes were just as wide as mine. "Twins? We're having twins? He said looking at me. "Yeah, we're having twins. Now I'm pretty sure I'm really done having kids." I said with a laugh and Christian just kissed me. 

We finished up with the appointment and headed out to the store to pick up stuff to announce the pregnancy and then headed home. "I hope that these twins are boys or just one of them is a boy, I don't know what I would do with two more girls." Christian said and I couldn't help but laugh. 

"Well maybe you're just meant to be a girl dad and there is nothing wrong with that." I said as we pulled into the driveway. "So how did the appointment go?" My mom asked as we walked into the house. "Well you're not just getting one grandchild, you're getting two." I said showing her the ultrasound picture. 

"What? Twins? That's amazing! Two more grandchildren, you have to go call your father!" She said giving the both of us a hug and I did just that and he was so excited to have two more grandchildren. I am not ready for this, but everyone else seems ready. "I think that we will need to get a bigger house with two more babies coming in." I said to Christian after we just took pictures to announce the pregnancy to the world. 

"Well, I've kind of already been looking at that and I was thinking that we could build our own house? We're going to outgrow this one real quick when the twins get here and I think building is the way to go so we can do anything we want to it." He said. "I mean that's not a bad idea, do you have land already?" I asked and he shook his head yes. "When were you going to tell me about this?" I asked with a laugh. "Uhm, right now?" He said and I laughed. 

"Alright babe, you take care of the land and the contractors and what not and we can do it. I love you." I said, giving him a kiss. "I love you too, let's build a house together."

"Well we're at it again guys, this time it's TWINS! Yelich Twins coming April 2024!"

"We can't stop having kids I guess, well this time it's twins. Oh boy, Jaelynn and Tori can't wait!"