Chapter 24

I felt like a huge COW. God they don't tell you when having twins that your stomach gets HUGE. I was waddling like a penguin a month ago and it's just gotten worse now. I've been instructed to really not do much because twins are such high risk pregnancies so I don't mind staying home right now with the girls and my mom. 

Ashley is out here with Mason for my baby shower and I haven't seen her since Jaelynn's gender reveal and it just seems awkward for me to see her with my ex boyfriend's baby in her arms, I mean he's adorable and I can't believe that it came from Nick, but she's still my friend and I want to make sure she's here for all of my big moments in life. 

I know that she missed a couple but I don't want her to miss anymore. The wives and girlfriends have put my shower together and I know that they tried to reach out to Ashley to help plan and whatnot but from what I heard from Travis' wife, Ashley didn't reach out to them to help plan.

 Which is unlike her because if we're trying to be friends again she would want to help. But that just shows me that she's not willing to step up and help me like she did with Tori, she planned mostly everything for Tori, but since then she's just gone downhill. 

"How do you think that the shower is going to go today with Ashley there?" Christian asked as I was getting ready. "I mean I don't know how it's going to go, I haven't seen her since Jay's gender reveal and we had the falling out then. I don't know what it's going to be like because she's also going to have Mason with her, so obviously that's probably the only thing that we are going to be talking about, even though I really don't want to." I said. 

"Well just get through the day and then come home to me and I'll give you a great foot massage." He said and I smiled. "Good I'm probably going to need it because my feet are like sausages right now, they're so swollen." I said with a laugh. We continued talking about everything and then the house got brought up and I can't wait to see what it's going to look like. 

"They have everything up right now, now it's the hard part, putting the roof on and building the walls on the inside and all the electrician stuff and plumbing. Also, building a house in Milwaukee in the middle of winter was not a good idea, but everything is getting done." He said. "When do they have a date to move in?" I asked. 

"Oh not for awhile. Probably the end of fall, beginning of winter maybe?" He said in a question like way. "So another year from now? That's fantastic." I said with an eye roll. "I know it's not what either of us wanted, but building a house takes a lot of time. Soon enough you're going to be able to go pick out toilets, sinks, countertops, appliances, paint colors and then furniture as well." He said getting off the bed and coming to give me a kiss. 

"I know, that is what I am looking forward to the most. I love decorating, hence why I went into wedding planning." I know that I don't talk about my wedding planning much, but it has been going so good for me, like really good. I've done so many weddings since my own and can hold my own when paying for bills and stuff. I know that Christian makes a lot more money than I do, but I didn't just want to sit back and not pay for anything. 

I like having my own money to spend and not just spend all of my husbands, which I do like to do as well. "Well I have to get going, I'll see you later." I said giving him a kiss and waddling my way out of our room and out to the car where my mom was waiting for me. 

We drove over to the hall where everything was set up and I couldn't thank Travis' wife more than what she has done for me. "This is amazing and you're amazing. Thank you for setting all of this up for me, I'm so grateful." I said giving her a hug. "Oh it's nothing! I love doing this stuff and I love planning baby showers, this was amazing to do. Thank you for trusting me to do this!" She said. 

"So is it true that Ashely didn't help at all after you reached out to her?" I asked sitting down at the closest table and she sighed. "Yeah I mean, I reached out multiple times, but nothing. I mean I know she has a baby and all but still have the decency to respond and say you can't help or that she won't help. Ya know?" She said and I nodded my head and then I turned towards the door and she was walking in. 

"Go on, go see her." She said helping me get up. I walked over towards Ashely and she smiled at me. "I can't believe you're having twins. That's crazy. You always said you were going to be the one that ended up with twins" She said after she gave me a hug. "I know, it's crazy to think about right?" I said. 

"Look, I'm sorry that I didn't help out with all of this, ya know with having Mason and going to court with Nick for full custody I just didn't have time." She said. "Wait, you're going to court with Nick? Why didn't you tell me that?" I asked her. "Well I didn't want to bother you I know how stressful twins can be and I know you're building a house and whatnot and you already have two kids, I didn't want to bother you with my stupid stuff." She said.

"It's not stupid stuff. You're going to court to get sole full custody of Mason, you need people in your corner for that stuff. I'm always here to vent to if you need me. You shouldn't have to go through that alone with just your family, you need friends in your corner." I said giving her a hug. 

"Thank you, that really means a lot to me. I know you have this whole new life here and it means a lot." She said "Just because I'm here and having a new life doesn't mean I didn't forget where I came from and who my best friend is." I said and smiled at her before walking off to go eat and sit down and open my presents. I can't believe that she was going through all that and didn't tell me.