Chapter 5

The next four months have flown by and now it's time to find out what Christian and I were having. My family is out here in Milwaukee and Ashley is as well, I wouldn't want my best friend to miss out on this, especially since she's going to be my child's godmother. "Are you excited to find out what we're having today with our friends and family?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen to Christian making breakfast. 

"Yes I am, I want our little peanut to finally have a name." He said as he bent down to kiss my stomach. I have grown a little bit so I do have a little baby bump. We did find out a couple of weeks ago, but neither Christian and I know what we're having yet. I've always wanted to be surprised if I'm having a gender reveal party. "What do you think we're having?" I asked as I sat at the counter watching him cook. 

"I think it's a girl, I really want it to be a boy, but the old wive's tales that we did, everything is pointing to a girl." He said. "Yeah I think it's a girl too, but I'm good with whatever our little peanut is. He or she is healthy and that is all that matters to me." I said and he smiled. "So since you've been here, you and I haven't talked about what's going to happen between the two of us." He said. "What do you mean? Like dating?" I asked. 

"Yeah, I want you to be mine, at least before the baby comes. I don't want our baby thinking that we don't love each other." He said. "Christian you know how I feel about this. The baby is going to feel loved by both of us, I don't think that he or she is going to know any better until they get older." I said. "I know I know, I just want you to sleep with me every night and I wake to wake up to you every morning and kiss you." He said and I knew he was right.

 I did want to wake up to him every morning, I wanted him to kiss me whenever he wanted to. I just don't think now is the right time, at least that is what my head says. My body says otherwise, these damn hormones are going to kill me and get me in trouble. "Kiss me then." I said, see what I mean?" He smiled and came around the counter and just kissed me, with no hesitation. 

My body couldn't deny that I wanted Christian and I think my mind agreed with me at that moment. "Wow." I said as he pulled away. "Now what does your mind say?" He asked and I laughed. "Well with all the hormones that are raging through my body right now, it's saying that I want to be with you." I said and he laughed. "Then why don't you?" He asked, bringing me closer to him and holding me. 

"I don't know why I'm holding back. Because I think it's rushing and I don't want anyone else to feel that way and judge me." I said. "No one is going to judge you, if they didn't judge you for coming out here and living with me they aren't going to judge you for that." He said and he was right, no one really questioned me moving out here, they all knew it was the right thing for me to do for my child's well being. "Alright fine, I'll be with you, but can we not make it about us today, I want it to be all about our little peanut." I said and he smiled and kissed me again. 

"You got a deal babe." He said and went back to making stuff for the party. I went up to my room and started getting ready before everyone came over. The party was now in full swing and it felt so good to have my parents out here as well as Ashley. As nice as it's been to have the baseball wives support and friendship, nothing beats my parents and Ashley.

 "So how has everything been going? I miss having you back at home." Ashley said as we were sitting out back just catching up on everything. "I know I miss having you be five minutes away from me too. Everything has been going good, the baseball wives and girlfriends treat me well at every game and they've been helping me get used to the routine that the guys have and how it's going to be when he's away during the season." I said. 

"How do you think you're going to handle that?" She asked. "I'm not really sure, I guess we will see when the time comes." I said. "Are you ready to find out?" Christian said coming up to the both of us. "I sure am, let's go!" I said getting up and going back into the house to cut the cake that we had made. 

"We want to thank you all for coming out today to support us in finding out what our little peanut is going to be. I know that it's a different situation between the two of us, but that doesn't mean that we aren't going to love and parent this child together. So are you ready to find out what we're having?" 

Christian said and everyone replied yes! Christian and I cut the cake and the inside was... PINK! "We're having a girl!" I said and I hugged him. "I can't wait to spoil our little princess." He said. "Thank you for giving me this blessing." I said and he smiled. "Thank you for being amazing and carrying our little girl."