Chapter 23

Just because we keep having kids doesn't mean we are going to stop having gender reveal parties. It's a great time to get everyone together and see everyone out of the baseball stadium and in normal clothes and not talking about baseball. 

It was the all star break and the last day so the guys go back to work tomorrow, it's good that they're starting back at home and we can have this party at our house. "You're really in over your head with twins, it's not as easy it seems." Travis' wife said to me. 

"Oh I know I'm really aware of that. I'm glad they're coming in the beginning of the season and not the postseason. Also, my mom man, she's the biggest blessing of my life. In reality, their divorce was the biggest blessing for me and Christian." I said. 

"Yeah you hit the jackpot on moms really. She's a live-in nanny and her pay is living with you guys." She said and I laughed. "Yeah but now we are building a house and she is basically going to have her own guest house." I said. "I didn't know you guys were building a house, when did you start that?" She asked. 

"When we found out we were pregnant with the twins. Christian had already had it in his mind with a piece of land picked out, the twins just pushed it forward. They broke ground last week on it, the thing is going to be huge." I said. "More room for more kids?" She asked. 

"Yeah, we will see on that one, I'm sure maybe one or two more. They know to have a lot of bedrooms for all of them." I said and we made some more small talk with some of the other players and their wives/girlfriends. "So why is Ashley not here?" My dad asked as we sat down outside. "Because she didn't want to travel with Mason right now, maybe for my baby shower she said she'll come out, but I'm not holding my breath for that." I said. 

"Why not? She's your best friend who just had a baby, she should want to be there for you when you have yours." He said. "Dad, do you know who her baby's father is?" I asked and he shook his head no. "It's Nicks. So there is still some bad blood between the two of us." I said. 

"Oh I didn't realize that sweetie, I'm sorry that you had to go through finding that out." He said. "It is what it is. I'm glad that I got out of that relationship when I did, otherwise that would've been me getting pregnant with his child and then have him leave me during that. I'm beyond thankful that I cheated on him and it got me to where I am today, with Christian, my girls and the twins now. I would never condone cheating on anyone by any means, but hey, it changed my life for the better." I said and he smiled and gave me a hug. 

"I'm so proud of you sweetie, for everything you've done for those girls and Christian, I honestly couldn't have raised a better daughter than you." He said and it made me tear up. "Dad, I love you and wish you could come out more." I said to him. 

"I know, I'm trying my best to get out here as much as I can. I'm glad that I can be here to see if I'm having more granddaughters or finally going to get some grandsons." He said and I laughed and looked at my phone for the time. 

"Well how about we go find out?" I said getting up with him and going over to Christian and telling him it was time. We really like how our last gender reveal came out with Jaelynn so we decided to do smoke bombs again for the twins. My mom lit the smoke bombs and we waited for the colors to come and I was highly surprised to see BOTH. 

"Christian we're finally having a boy!" I said as I hugged him and I could feel him smile into my shoulder and I was beyond happy to finally be having a baby boy and I knew Christian was as well. 

"Christian FINALLY gets a boy around the house, the twins are a GIRL AND BOY! Can't wait until April to meet these two!"

"FINALLY GETTING A BOY! And another girl that I'm super excited about too, don't worry guys! I can't wait to have a boy to run around and play catch with

"FINALLY GETTING A BOY! And another girl that I'm super excited about too, don't worry guys! I can't wait to have a boy to run around and play catch with."