Chapter 12

Today was the day of my Bridal Shower and I couldn't wait to be showered in love by all of my family and friends and of course the WAGs of the Brewers, they have really become my second family. A lot of my family couldn't fly out so it meant a lot to me to have them there through all of this. "Are you excited for today?" Christian asked. 

"Of course, it's going to feel good to see Ashley and my mom again, I haven't seen them in so long." I said and he smiled and kissed me. "I can't wait to make you my wife in a few short months." He said. "I can't wait to become your wife and finally share the same last name as my daughter." I said and he laughed. "Yes I can't wait for that too." He said as he was walking out of the bathroom to let me finish getting ready for the shower. 

After we had posted our engagement photos, surprisingly we got a good reaction from the fans. There were a select few that didn't take it so well, which was to be expected with a guy like him, but everyone was actually super supportive and all they sent was encouraging words. "HEY HEY GIRLFRIEND!" I heard coming through the hallway. "ASHLEY!" I said running out of the bathroom to greet her. 

I haven't seen her since Tori was born and she came out for a weekend. "Ugh I've missed you so much and I have so much to catch you up on." She said as she followed me back into the bathroom as I was still in the middle of getting ready. "Oh girl please do tell." I said. "Well for first off, I'M ENGAGED!" She said, showing me her ring. "OH MY GOD REALLY! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! We've always talked about being engaged together and here we are! How did he pop the question?" I asked. 

"Well he took me to the spot that he asked me out and there were candles and rose petals everywhere and then he gave this whole speech and then asked me to marry him. I couldn't believe it, it was so romantic to be back in the spot where he asked me to be his girlfriend." She said. I couldn't be happier for her, her and Alex have been together for so long and she's wanted this and they're perfect together. 

"Well I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to help you plan your wedding." I said. "Yeah if my wedding is going to be half as good as the one you're planning I'm going to need your help." She said and I laughed. "I mean I'm a pretty good wedding planner, I should take that up as a business." I said. "I mean I would pay you." Ashley said. It's definitely something to think about. I think I would be amazing at it. 

"Anything else you need to catch me up on?" I asked as we were now on our way to the bridal shower. "Uh yeah, so Nick is going to be a dad." I couldn't help but laugh at that one. "Nick is going to be a dad? Yeah that will go over well. When he was with me he said he didn't want to have kids, ever, so I'm not shocked that he couldn't keep his dick in his pants and he finally got a girl pregnant." I said. 

"Well his girlfriend is contemplating getting an abortion because they obviously aren't ready for a kid." She said. "Tell her to keep it, it's not worth the pain and suffering you're going to go through and the mental stuff she's going to go through with getting an abortion. I wasn't ready to have a kid either. Just tell her to make sure that she has a good support system besides Nick because he's going to drop like a fly when that baby is going to be born." I said. 

"I mean you're not wrong, he's been living with Alex and I and man, he's never around and he keeps bringing home girls that aren't his girlfriend. I can just tell he's going to be a deadbeat dad." She said. 

"See, he's not even with his own girlfriend and he's going to get another girl pregnant. It's insane to think about how much child support that man is going to owe one day. I'm so glad I left when I did and I'm SO glad that I didn't let him get me pregnant." I said. 

"Yeah you're super lucky to have found a man who is willing to drop everything for you and your child. For crying out loud, Christian let you live with him when he barely knew you. I would kill to find a man who would do that for me." She said. 

"What do you mean? I thought Alex would do that for you?" I asked. "Well he also dropped a bombshell on me the other day that he honestly doesn't want to have kids with me." She said. "Yet he proposed to you? Hadn't you told him in the beginning that you wanted kids with him someday?" I asked. "

Yeah we had talked about that a lot, but he sees what Nick is going through right now and he doesn't want to have kids." She said. "That is bullshit. What Nick is going through is completely different than what you and Alex have going on. You and Alex are in a committed relationship and are getting married. There is no excuse for that bullshit, I'm sorry babe." I said hugging her as we were now sitting in the parking lot, being late to my own bridal shower. "Well nothing like being late to your own shower." I said and we both laughed and enjoyed the rest of the day together.