V

"Hello," I looked up from my pizza to see the grinning Douglas, "Fancy meeting you here, again."

"You're everywhere!" I threw my arms up and he laughed.

"Does everywhere include your dreams?" he asked, smirking as he did so.

"Shut up and leave me alone," I rolled my eyes.

He feigned a surprised gasp and put a hand over his heart, "You dream about me? That's flattering."

"In your dreams," I scoffed. He sat down and leaned forward.

"So you're still here for you friend?" he asked while biting into his pizza. Then he started talking with his mouth full, "Is your friend in a serious condition?"

"No," I lied and didn't make eye contact with him.

"Is that so?" he gave me a look, a look that showed he knew I was lying, "Because you're here like 5 times a week."

"It's none of your business," I glared at him and stood up from the table.

"We're friends, aren't we?," he frowned and leaned back in his chair.

I snapped, "We are not friends. You're just some annoying guy who wants to be friends with someone who isn't interested in being friends with you! It's pathetic to say the least."

He stood up and shoved his hands into his jean pockets. He towered over me because he was about two inches taller. He held a glower on his face as he looked at me.

"I didn't want to be mean, but now I'm going to be mean," he took a deep breath before pouring everything out, "You are a very mean bitch who seems to care about no one but yourself. You act like you're so much better than everyone else. I mean, I know you're rich. You live in a huge mansion and have a perfect life. But can't you be considerate of others when you're around them? I know you don't like me and Rose, and that's because you have this hatred look in your face whenever we're around! Like come on! Even I can pretend to like someone even though I hate them. But you look like you would rather commit suicide than have a conversation with anyone else."

By now, everyone has their eyes and ears on us. I avoided their eyes and kept it on Douglas. He exhaled a long breath, and his eyes met mine again.

"Are you done?" I asked.

He nodded, probably too out of breath from his speech to talk.

"Good," Then I walked out of the hospital cafeteria. I could hear his footsteps following me and the cafeteria door opened.

"Wait, so that's it?" he asked.

I stopped and turned around to face him. He was standing at the doors with a frown that was still stuck on his face.

"Yeah, everything you said about me was true. I'm a rich, heartless bitch who cares about no one," I told him with a shrug. I put up a fake smile, "Don't ever talk to me again."

Then I dropped the smile and walked away from him.

"Aw, your first fight," Mia showed up beside me and fell into step with my pace, "It's adorable."

"No it's not," I scoffed, "We fight all the time. He's an ass."

"But you like him," her singsong voice made me cringed.

"Don't ever attempt to sing again," I tried to steer away from the conversation we were having, but she caught me.

"Don't try to change the subject," she nudged my sides with her elbow.

"I don't like him," I told her, loud and clear.

"Okay," she smirked, not looking the least bit convinced.

I stopped walking but she continued on without me.

"I don't like him!" I repeated in a louder voice, earning some glares from the hospital staffs.

"I didn't say anything!" she shouted back without stopping or turning around.

I absolutely do not like him. In fact, I hate him. Yes, I hate him very much. Hate, not like, but hate.

"I'm sorry."

I turned around when I heard his soft voice. He was holding a red rose in his hands as he looked at me apologetically.

"I've realized how much I offended you, and I just wanted to apologize. I didn't mean half of the words I said, and I'm really sorry for hurting your feelings. I know it was my fault for intervening in your personal life," he took a step forward, "I'm sorry."

I crossed my arms across my chest and raised an eyebrow, "Half?"

"You are mean and very bitchy," he allowed a small smile to replace his frown, "But that doesn't mean you're selfish or perfect. You're one of the most selfless person I've ever met, and you've had your imperfect moments."

"Thanks?" I furrowed my eyebrows, unsure if that was supposed to be a compliment or an insult.

"Here," he handed me the flower and I took it. I twirled the stem between my fingers and smiled.

"Apology accepted," I patted his shoulder and he sighed in relief. He linked our arms together and held it tightly so I won't be able to pull away.

"Let's go finish lunch, best friend," he winked in a joking manner.

"I'm n-"

"Shush now," he put a hand to my mouth to stop me from finishing my sentence. Oh, he did not just do that. I opened my mouth to tell him off, but he interrupted me again.

"It's a nice day, isn't it?" he changed the subject and pulled me along.

"Your cologne makes me want to throw up," I gagged and he let out a boisterous laugh.

"You never cease to amaze me, Aimee Evans," he grinned.

We walked by a patient's room and I saw a vase of red roses on his bedside. A grin replaced the annoyed look on my face.

"You too."