Chapter 11: A Little Fun Time (Blake's P.O.V.)

Chapter 11: A Little Fun Time (Blake’s P.O.V.)

I was very happy with the fact that I have a chance on helping Charlotte with the expenses while I’m here. It may be temporary but I’m even happier with the fact that I will be working with Charlotte when, and not if, I get the job.

But then, in a span of just a few seconds, my sheer happiness became a mixture of jealousy and anger. It came over me when Tom hugged Charlotte. I hated what I saw in his face: love; pure love. He loved Charlotte to no end. Charlotte probably didn’t know but I was sure of that.

I saw his lips move but I couldn’t hear what he said. I bet it was something to discredit me. I couldn’t see Charlotte’s reaction. I just hope she won’t kick me out.

When Amy and Tom finally left, I exerted a lot of effort to remove the anger and jealousy I felt. When Charlotte turned around to face me, keeping a happy face and feeling happy became as easy as breathing. I love her, too. And I intend to let her know that.

“I’ll go wash the dishes,” she said with a big smile.

“No, young lady, you stay here and watch,” I stopped and turned the TV on, “The Little Mermaid II – Return to Sea,” I finished as soon as I saw the title.

“Yes, mother,” she said with that sweet smile of hers.

I hurried to the kitchen and faced the dishes. I froze there. I remember that Charlotte was watching a movie and was crying because of it. I thought about asking her about it but probably not today. I then started with my servant duty which I’ve come to like because it was for Charlotte.

Suddenly, Charlotte came to the kitchen. She didn’t say anything and went to the fridge, as what I can see by the corner of my eye. I then heard shuffling and arranging noise. I turned my head to fully see what she was doing.

“I thought I told you to watch TV?” I asked upon seeing her bring most of the contents of the fridge, which I had tossed inside a few hours ago, to the top of the table.

“I’m sorry. I just couldn’t let you do all the work,” she answered while putting them back in.

“But I was already done with that. Why do you have to do it again?” I whined.

She turned around with a worried look on her beautiful face. “Well, um, how do I say this without hurting you…? I’ll give it to you straight, then,” she said took a deep breath, and continued, “You put everything in a wrong place.”

I was a bit sunned. Not because of what I did wrong but because of how organized she is. No wonder she wanted to get me a wardrobe. She didn’t want to see my luggage lying on her bedroom floor like the way it is now.

I turned back to washing without saying another word. Unconsciously, I let out a faint chuckle.

“Why are you laughing?!” Charlotte snapped.

“I wasn’t! I was just, um, well, I, uh…” I stuttered as I turned to face her.

She then walked towards me with a menacing look. She was so cute! Like a little girl trying to make an angry face but just couldn’t. I held my soapy hands up as if I were being arrested by her.

She stopped at about two steps away. She looked at my hands and a mischievous grin came up to her face.

It was too late when I realized it. She took some soap off my hands and spread it across both my cheeks. She smiled evilly at me. I was dumbfounded.

I just turned my back at her. Then she laughed so hard. It was the happiest I’ve heard her laugh since I got here. I didn’t laugh with her despite how contagious she is.

When she stopped laughing after a while, I still had my back to her. She realized that I didn’t laugh with her. I think she felt bad because she was slowly moving closer.

“I’m so sorry, Blake. I didn’t think this is the way you would react if I did that. Please don’t be angry anymore,” Charlotte said as she put her hand on my shoulder.

I didn’t answer her. I simply moved away as her hand landed on my shoulder.

“Come on, Blake. Don’t be like this,” she pleaded.

I turned my head to face her. I didn’t wipe the soap suds so now it’s all dripping down my face. I saw Charlotte’s mouth twitch but she stopped herself from laughing. Again, I turned my back to her.

She then tugged at my shirt and said, “Please, forgive me, Blake. I’ll do anything.”

Well, that surprised me! Indecent thoughts immediately flooded my mind but I shook them away. I turned my head to face her once more, this time, after wiping my face with the sleeve of my shirt.

“You’ll do anything?” I asked.

She gulped but nodded anyway.

“Let me stay for as long as I want-”

“Blake, I already let you in, you don’t have to keep on asking me that,” Charlotte interrupted.

“-whatever the circumstances. Whether we have fights or we grow to hate each other, you can never kick me out. I can only leave, you can only get rid of me, in my own accord,” I finished.

“OK. I agree to whatever you say.”

“Please raise your right hand and repeat after me.”

“Oh, come on, Blake. I already agreed. That should be enough!” Charlotte exclaimed, clearly annoyed.

I just stood there with a “just-do-it” expression on my face.

Charlotte rolled her eyes and mumbled, “Fine.” She then raised her right hand unenthusiastically.

“I promise that I will agree to everything that Blake says,” I simply said.

“I promise that I will agree to everything that Blake says,” she repeated expressionlessly. “Are you happy now?”

I smiled at her before saying, “Thank you!”

She sat on a chair and I turned back to washing the dishes. These dishes are taking forever to be done.

“Hey, Charlotte, can I ask you to do something?” I asked without looking at her. If I did, my intentions would be found out.

“What is it?” she asked innocently.

“Please come closer. I need to show this to you,” I said eagerly but calm enough to hide my excitement.

“What is it?” she asked again, but very excited this time.

She ran to my side and looked towards the sink. She then saw nothing but the washed dishes and my soapy hands. She then looked at me with a face of a child demanding answers. She looked so adorable that I wished I had a camera and dry hands to capture her expression.

I gave her a big smile that showed most of my teeth in response. She opened her mouth to ask me what I believe would be another “what is it” but she never got to speak. My hands, both full of soap, gently connected with her soft cheeks and moved in circles. And then I pinched both her cheeks for she was simply so cute!

It took about three seconds for her to realize what happened. Now she knows how I felt moments ago. Her eyes flashed with competitiveness as she turned on the faucet and splashed me with water. Both of us were now laughing.

I took the soap container and squirted some of it to her direction. It hit her everywhere; from her face to her arms, and even her clothes.

She retaliated, using an empty glass, effectively, throwing water everywhere in my direction. I did not let myself lose and squirted the now half-empty soap container at her.

I kept on moving away as she seemed to overpower me with all the water she kept throwing at my face. We were now both drenched. I kept on moving backwards and, to my fright, I slipped.

I'm so lazy. Sorry about that. :) Advance Merry Christmas!!!