Chapter 12: Awkward... But I Like It

Chapter 12: Awkward… But I Like It

Blake and I were laughing so hard. I’m pretty sure both of us, and not just me, are enjoying this little fiasco. I was having so much fun that I didn’t care how soaked I was and how closely my clothes clung to my body.

As Blake started moving backwards, I revelled in the certain victory that is yet to come. I splashed more water at him and did not stop even though he somewhat admitted defeat through his ceasefire. I did not care how sticky I was due to all the soap thrown my way moments earlier.

Amidst all the fun and silliness, Blake suddenly slipped, landing hard on his back. Being the stupid person that I was, I laughed at him. He groaned in pain but I didn’t stop laughing.

“Serves you right, Blake,” I proudly stated once my laughter died down.

When he didn’t come back with a witty remark and instead groaned in response, I got a little worried. “Are you alright? Can you stand?” I asked.

“I’m not sure. Maybe with some help?” he suggested. I was quite relieved that he could talk. I thought he might have hit his spinal cord or something. I overreact sometimes.

I stood over him with both legs on either side of his body. I offered my hand and he took it gently. I pulled him up and he used his free hand to push himself off the floor.

When he was almost in a sitting position, I got a little excited and clumsily hopped causing our tight grip on each other’s hands to loosen. I instinctively stepped back so I could use more force in less time to pull him up to a sitting position. His other hand let go of the floor and grabbed my arm.

My arm was very slippery which is why Blake’s hold on it never tightened and even caused his hand to slip away. I didn’t give up though. I pulled him with all my might. But, alas, the inevitable has come!

Both of Blake’s hands slipped away from my arm. I tried to grab them but because of the wet floor, I slipped.

I landed on Blake which, I’m sure, caused him twice as much pain as the first time he slipped. I am so clumsy! I hate myself…

Writing this chapter was a very joyful experience for me.. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift but I wasn't able to upload it then.. Anyway, it's here now, so, enjoy!! :)

By the way, if it wasn't obvious, the titles for the chapters are in Blake's P.O.V. whether or not he narrates the chapter. I hope you had fun reading it as much as I did writing it! :)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! :D