Chapter 8: How I Came To Find You

Today was very eventful. I didn't expect Blake would last after all that but he did and with a smile on his face at that.

I somehow found the courage to ride a car, too. Maybe it was because of Blake. I trusted him more than I thought I would. He was a pillar of strength for me now.

Suddenly, I realized that all those feelings I kept bottled up all these years were now making their way out. I knew it would happen one day but not for the same person. What's worse is that I think I'm falling even more as each second passes.

I shook those thoughts away as we arrived home. Blake then immediately took out all the shopping bags he could carry, leaving me to take care of one light bag.

His face still seemed elated which made me think that he must have loved being dragged around carrying stuff. When we entered the living room, the couch welcomed us with a boring look. Having it replaced surely was a good idea.

Blake immediately put all the frozen goods in the freezer and all the other things in the fridge leaving me with nothing to do. I just stood there as he placed everything in what he thought was their designated places. He seemed so enthusiastic that I just couldn't stop him and tell him that he put most things in wrong places.

When he was done, he looked at me like a child waiting for compliments from his mother. "To thank you for everything you did today, I'll bake you some cake," I said, making his eyes open wide with excitement.

"Will you please make Sweet Love? I mean, that cake you made before," Blake requested.

"Sure. And don't worry, I named it Sweet Love after all," I answered, reassuring him that it's fine to call the recipe that. "It's actually a best-seller in the restaurant where I work."

"I know. It also led me to you."

"What do you mean?" I asked as I was preparing all the ingredients needed.

"It was the star that guided me on my journey to you."

"Why? Were you looking for me?"

I was now suspicious. Blake may have lied about everything. Something in me told me so. But I wanted to hear him out while hoping that I was wrong. I never want to be lied to again.

"I wasn't looking for you specifically. I was looking for a place to stay. When I tasted your cake..."

"Wait. Is this going to be a long story? Can it wait for when the cake is in the oven? I might do something wrong if I listen to you while I'm making it. Is it alright?"

"It's fine. I'll wait until then, quietly, here in my seat."

I then did what I had to do. Blake was true to his word and did not utter even a single word. Thankfully, I didn't feel awkward with him there while I was baking. It has only been almost a day with him but I already felt okay with him just a few inches away.