Chapter 13: You Are So Cute When You Blush (Blake's P.O.V.)

Chapter 13: You Are So Cute When You Blush (Blake’s P.O.V.)

I could feel Charlotte’s heart beating rapidly as she rested on top of me. I could practically smell her heartbeat if such a thing could be done.

As our hands started slipping away, I was sure that Charlotte would also fall. The only question was where. I actually wished for her lips to crash into mine just like those in movies and TV shows. But, then again, I’m not a director.

“As much as I enjoy this, I think we should…” I trailed off, muffled by Charlotte’s chest on top of my face. It was an awkward position but I liked it.

“Oh my God! I’m so sorry, Blake! I’m so sorry!” Charlotte blurted out as she lifted herself off of me.

I watched in ultra-slow motion as her chest left my face. I somehow yearned for the feeling once it left me. She stopped midway up and inhaled deeply, giving me time to stare at her soft chest.

She saw what I was doing and immediately slapped me in the face. “Pervert!” she said while holding the top part of her tank top. Her face was now bright red. I couldn’t help but grin mischievously, no pain felt whatsoever.

“I’m just a man with nothing to do but admire a beautiful woman like you,” I teased and winked.

“No one’s going to help you now,” Charlotte stated with a pout. She was now standing.

“I’ll be fine. You gave me more than enough energy already,” I said with a big grin.

“You better be up when I come back. You have a lot of scolding coming your way,” Charlotte warned and then carefully walked out of the kitchen and into her bedroom.

I laid there for a minute or two trying to calm my heart which was about to burst out of my chest. I thought of other things and I came to remember this morning when Charlotte was crying.

I then rolled over so that I was face down on the floor and pushed myself up. I easily came to a crawling position and then carefully stood up.

I felt my shirt sticking to my body so I took it off instantly. The kitchen floor was a big mess and my dripping shirt didn’t help at all. I left it on the floor and looked for a pail and a mop.

I didn’t know where to look so I just wandered aimlessly for a few minutes until I finally found an odd door. I opened it and luckily saw all cleaning materials including a pail and a mop.

I dragged myself back to the kitchen I don’t know how I got so tired with just a few minutes of looking.

“Blake, you better not be hiding somewhere. You can’t escape my wrath,” Charlotte yelled as she stared at the kitchen floor with only my shirt, instead of me, on it.

I crept up to her like what I did this morning. She was a delightful sight wearing a white top and pink pajama pants rolled up just enough to cover her knees and thighs, with her hair in a ponytail.

“Boo!” I whispered closely to her ear making her shriek a little and jump forward.

She slipped a bit and was probably going to fall into the mess we had created and had fallen into earlier. On instinct, I let go of the mop and the pail, making both objects stumble towards the floor, and grabbed Charlotte. I unconsciously held her to an embrace as if protecting her from the dangers of the world.

The hug lasted for about five long seconds before she gently pushed me away as her face blushed profusely. She murmured, “Thank you.”

“You are so cute when you blush,” I teased.

“You better run,” she said angrily but a hint of amusement twinkled in her eyes.

Having fun is so much fun.. Thanks for reading!! :)