Chapter 6: Please Let Me Stay

“I’ll get it!” Blake declared and hurried off to the door, preventing me from asking him the question that lingered in my mind.

What was he thinking? Was he even thinking? He just so casually came into my life unannounced and he expected me to let him stay in this one-bedroom unit that I live in? Who does he think he is?

I furiously turned around and returned to washing the dishes. When I was done and Blake still hasn’t come back to bug me about him staying, I went to check on him.

What appeared in front of me the moment I walked in the living room was a surprise I never expected would happen in my entire life.

“Thank you,” Blake said with a smile after he had signed the piece of paper that proved deliveries were made successfully. The delivery guy smiled, nodded, and left.

He turned to the deliveries and saw me. I had my arms crossed in front of me while my right eyebrow was raised as I waited for an explanation. He gave me that sheepish smile he’s been giving me all morning.

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to barge in like this,” he said as he dragged the three large suitcases that were delivered.

“What would you do if I won’t let you stay?” I asked, honestly curious.

“Well, I guess I’d ask you to keep them until I find someone else who would let me in,” he answered so sadly that it pinched my heart.

I truthfully took pity on him. A guy who had royalty treatment since probably he was a baby had to fend for himself without anything just because he didn’t want to do something. But if he had many friends, then why won’t one let him stay even just for a while?

“You should have a lot of friends. Why don’t you go to any one of them?” I asked without showing him my inner sentiments.

“That was what I thought, too. But then after what I went through yesterday, I learned the hard way that they were only friends with my title, my status, and my money,” Blake answered with so much despair and disappointment both on his face and voice.

The expression on my face softened involuntarily. I couldn’t think of something to say. It was silent for a moment. Then his stomach grumbled so loudly that even though I was a few inches away, I still heard it.

A pinkish red color made its way to his cheeks as his expression showed embarrassment.

“Fine, I’ll let you stay only for a while, until you find somewhere else to go. Let’s bring those things in my bedroom so that you can eat right after. But you will be sleeping on the couch,” I said while holding back a laugh.

He immediately closed the gap between us, embraced me, and thanked me saying that I saved his life. I lightly hugged him back but kept it short and casual.

After that, we dragged the heavy luggage into my bedroom and set it in one corner, agreeing that we deal with them later. He then went out and ate while I took my bath.

Thanks for reading! Please vote, comment, and be a fan if you like. :)