Chapter 18: Good Morning!

I woke up early the next day wrapped up in a bone-crushing embrace staring into the sleeping face of the man in whose arms I belonged. I don’t know what came over me when I grabbed him and begged him to stay last night. How unethical! Blake must think of me as a loose woman of some sort.

But I can’t help it. I needed someone to listen to me before I go insane. Thankfully, that someone was Blake. It was such a relief to be able to pour all that out to him. By simply holding me, he made me feel better. He was truly a blessing.

I gingerly lifted his right arm and pulled mine under his weight. He stirred and I stopped. I didn’t want to wake him up, especially now. I must look like a puffy-eyed monster with dishevelled hair.

When he didn’t wake up, I tried to pull myself away from him again so that I can start my Sunday. He stirred again and I stopped again and then, when he didn’t wake up, I pulled away again. It was a vicious cycle that only let one centimeter of my trapped arm out each time I pulled. I was probably very slow so he sensed any movement and stirred because of it.

It was a very tedious task and I got impatient. My elbow was already partly free so I was finally able to kneel, awkwardly, on the bed beside him. With all my might, I pulled my arm in one swift motion. I silently rejoiced at my victory but forgot the fact that I was heading head-first, literally, to my inevitable fall.

Blake growled and pulled me back down with his eyes still closed. Was he awake or was he still dreaming? I wasn’t sure but, either way, he saved me from my clumsy self yet again.

I felt my cheeks heat up as I was pressed into Blake’s chest. He seemed to be still asleep. Thankfully, this time, no part of me was trapped under him so it would be easier and less dangerous to free myself from him.

I inhaled long and hard, taking in Blake’s scent, as it might be the last time I would be this close to him. I then lifted his arms off of me once more. Finally, I managed to ease out of his hold. I sat up on my side of the bed and then slowly stood up.

“Are you that eager to get away from me that you would wake up so early in the morning?” I heard Blake ask followed by a yawn.

“No, of course not! I just…” I blurted out and then turned to face Blake who was suddenly propped up on his side, facing me, with his head supported by his left hand. I suddenly found myself staring.

He then hopped off the bed while I instinctively took a step back.

“You just?”

“I just wake up early on Sundays so that I can start my day by going to church.”

“Well, then, why didn’t you tell me? Don’t you want me to go with you?”

“No, it’s not like that. It’s just that you looked so peaceful. I couldn’t possibly wake you up.”

“Well, you didn’t have to. I was awake the moment you lifted my arm. I’m a very light sleeper,” Blake stated with a smirk which infuriated me.

“What? Why didn’t you just…? You did that on purpose! You just had to embarrass me, didn’t you?” I lashed out at him.

“Well, good morning to you, too. Why don’t you go ahead and take a bath while I prepare breakfast. Or would you rather we take that bath together? I don’t mind,” Blake teased while wiggling his eyebrows.

“What?!”

Wehehe.. I just had to upload!! I worked overtime on this.. Thank God for suspended classes.. I'll try to make things longer and "juicier" next time.. Enjoy!! :)