Kabanata 33

Demon

I basked in the warmth of the afternoon sun. The smell of grass mixed with the refreshing scent of the lake is a perfect combination for an afternoon getaway.

My eyes were shut close as I laid flat on my back. Kakatapos ko lang kumain ng tinapay at nagpasya akong matulog.

Naramdaman kong gumalaw si Sandro sa aking tabi kaya napasilip ang kaliwa kong mata sa kanya. Before I could even react, he pulled me towards his lap so my head could rest on it.

Nag-init ang pisngi ko sa simple niyang ginawa lalo na noong hinagod niya ang braso ko—hinehele sa bawat pagdaan ng kanyang daliri sa balat ko.

If only I could casually talk to him without looking at him. Ang hirap na may barrier kami na ganito. I want to hear his voice, how he has matured. Nakakainggit pala na ang iba ay naririnig ang boses niya. Does his voice sounds deep just as I imagine? Or is it still hinted with playfulness? How does his voice sounds like when he is angry? Those are the mysteries that I badly want to figure out.

I looked at him with wonder crossing my eyes. His down view and a little bit of front view fascinates me. His previous look is very different from what he is right now. Akala mo hindi siya pero sa paraan nang pagngiti niya, malalaman mong si Sandro iyon.

Sensing that I am looking at him, he looked down at me. Nothing but astonishment. When he parted his lips, I did the same. His gaze are lost between the wild fields of dandelions-bewildered by the scenery. So am I.

How I wish he could kiss me right now the way he kissed me last night.

Like an answered prayer, he leaned closer to my face as he gave me a kiss on my forehead before caressing my hair-soothing every fiber of my tensed muscles.

"I envy people who grew up with you." I bitterly smiled at him. Hindi ko maiwasang buksan ang nararamdaman ko sa kanya.

Siguro dala ito ng bugso ng damdamin ko. Not once did I opened up to anyone what is running inside my head.

He puckered his lips as he gestured, "Why?"

"They saw you grow in this handsome man I am staring at."

He grinned at me as he shamelessly tucked me closer to him. I curled my toes to feel his warmth. His hand is on my stomach, drawing circles that tickles me. I bit my lower lip at the sensation and hollowness I feel.

This feeling that only he can do to me.

"I also envy the people who saw you grow in this woman I adore."

I wrinkled my nose as I lightly hit his back. He chuckled at my action.

"Copy cat." I mumbled under my breath.

He shot his brows up as a grin slowly formed his lips, "I only mimic the gestures the woman I admire."

Tumalikod ako sa kanya at hinarap ang lawa, gustong magtago sa kanya. Gosh! I cannot take this Sandro I am with! I know he is shameless when it comes to confessing his feelings but this! Sa pagmumukha ko talaga!

Gusto ko rin naman marinig ang matatamis niyang salita pero nahihiya ako! Too much affection! It's all new to me.

I felt his laugh through the vibration of his chest. He held my hand that's on my stomach to pull me to face him.

I closed my eyes so I wouldn't see him but his caresses on my cheeks tempted me to open them. His eyes glistened as he scanned the entirety of my face. Without a warning, he stole a quick kiss.

The moment he pulled out from our kiss, it felt like my breathe was taken away from me. I couldn't interpret what was happening. All I see is his eyes that is filled with adoration.