18

"Fucking John." Daron spat, still outside. He tugged at his bleached hair as he started over thinking.

  Daron put his hands over his face as he let out a whine. He felt bad for snapping at John, even though he had the right to. He knew John wasn't being serious. He just didn't want to talk about his body. Daron hated the topic.

  Daron jumped at the sound of the door opening, but didn't pay any mind. He knew it wasn't John. Or Shavo. He could practically feel Serj's energy radiating off of him. Serj slid down next to him.

  Serj didn't say anything. He just sat there in silence. It was awkward, yet comforting. Comforting because Daron knew Serj cared for him. Eventually Daron decided to speak.

  "I'm sorry." He said.

  "For what?" The older looked at him.

  "For that." Daron sighed, shooting his eyes to the door then back at his dirty Vans.

  "Don't apologize, it wasn't your fault. John's just..I don't know. But he cares about you, y'know?" Serj said, wrapping an arm around the smaller's shoulders.

  "I know." Daron sighed, blushing at the contact.

  "He feels guilty, too. He didn't mean to make you upset." Serj rubbed Daron's back.

  "I guess I'll go back inside now. I haven't eaten and I'm still hungry." Daron said quietly.

Serj jumped up, holding his hand out for Daron. He helped him up and opened the door for him. A real gentleman. Daron trudged inside, his gaze toward the floor. He opened his mouth, trying to find the right words.

  "Um- I'm sorry, uh, for y-yelling." He said, hating the way he sounded.

  "No, no. I'm sorry. It was wrong of me and I didn't mean to make you feel like that." John said, giving Daron a short hug.

  "Wow. John. You. Giving me, a male, a hug? Shocker." Daron joked, smiling.

  "Quiet, you." John huffed and sat down.

  Daron sighed softly, happy that he and John had made up. He sat back down and unwrapped his burger, taking a bite out of it.

  "Fucking hell I need coffee." Daron said, rubbing his eyes. He continued, "Serj, come with me. I need you to reach the sugar for me."

  "Oh, ok." Serj said.

  The two walked into the kitchen. Serj grabbed the sugar and gave it to Daron. Daron made his coffee and poured an unhealthy amount of creamer and sugar into it.

  "Jesus, Daron! You're barely even twenty and you're gonna kill yourself with all that sugar!" Serj laughed.

  "Shut up. You're as much as a coffee addict as I am." Daron said, cheeks flushing at the sound of Serj's laugh.

  He really liked him.