Chapter Nineteen

You let out the biggest sigh after Uraraka had left the infirmary.

You had a therapy session with her and you've never tried so hard to hold back the tears that were building in your eyes. You didn't want to cry in front of her because you don't really like crying in front of people and the session is more so focusing on her and what she's going through. You didn't want to take that away from her by crying about the death of Midoriya.

It's been a couple of days since his funeral. It's been extremely different since his death and it just seems a little more gloomy on the base. When you'd go to the cafeteria, you don't really hear laughing from those who are sitting together. You could tell that Kirishima tries to lighten up the mood or make the tension less than it is, but everyone is still sadden from Midoriya's death. You've noticed Bakugou has been more grumpier than normal, snapping at anyone who talks to him and you figure he's distancing himself from the others.

Aizawa had taken up Midoriya's shift during the nights for the patrols. Sometimes Bakugou or Takami will have to stay up the whole night, but that's draining on them so Aizawa had Amajiki join the patrols. No one has seen the creature at all nor heard anything relating to the creature Yamada had suggested that if the creature wanted to kill or harm anyone on the base, it would have already done so and the patrolling has been lessen so instead of a patrol every day, there's going to be a patrol four times a week; Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays.

During the meeting that Aizawa had called about the creature, patrols, and a new exploration mission. Only a two man mission towards the snow biome and they'll stay there for about four-five days. Aizawa is obviously going, but he asked one of the fighters or explorers to possible join him. Hawks, Amajiki, and Hakamada are part of the fighters or rather trained to be a fighter. Bakugou and Todoroki are the only two on the base who are part of the explorer and fighter regime. However, Todoroki can't go because of his injury. So Bakugou offered to go instead.

That's pretty much it since Midoriya's funeral.

Although you have been taking care of Todoroki since then. His mood had changed after Midoriya's funeral and you've seen that distant look in his eyes when he's staring at something or zoning out. You do what you can, but you also give him his space so he could be alone when he'd like. You've taken him outside, he'd be in the wheelchair and you'd joke and call him old man to rile him up, but he would smile at you and laugh a little at your jokes.

You wonder if he blames himself for getting injured sometimes.

Tamaki has left you alone since the incident in the basement. You haven't talked to him since he's been busy on his part and you haven't run into him in a while, too. Only times you really saw him was during the meeting that Aizawa called, but other than that, nothing. You aren't worried about him, simply your mind is just distracted on Todoroki, therapy sessions, and yourself.

"Have you eaten?"

Bakugou's coarse and low voice scared you and you visibly jumped. He didn't laugh and you looked up from your desk to see the blond man standing beside you. His red eyes flicker from your own and to your desk, his eyes catching a glimpse of the papers before looking back at you. You let out a sigh, dropping your gaze to the papers and feeling Bakugou's eyes bore into you.

"I haven't," you answered quietly. You put the papers into a file then looked up at Bakugou. "I thought you didn't want to talk to anyone."

"The others weren't there," Bakugou stated. You figured he meant when Midoriya had went missing, back during that safe point you and the others had reached. "You were. That and you're not that bad."

You gave him a half smile. "Thanks."

"C'mon," Bakugou said.

You stood up from your desk, you and Bakugou walking out of the infirmary and headed towards the cafeteria. You and Bakugou didn't utter a word together at all, simply entering the cafeteria and grabbing food. There's hardly anyone in the cafeteria, everyone going about their duties to keep the base running or possibly working on new equipment like Hatsume is possibly doing. You and Bakugou sit across from each other and you start eating your food.