Chapter Two

You stepped into the conference room, everyone on the base sitting around the circular, silver table. You walked over to your seat, sitting right next to Todoroki and across from Aizawa. You held your lips into a thin line, remembering the details on Yaoyorozu's body after examining it. You looked around at those sitting on the table, everyone either having their lips in thin lines, grim expressions, or a few crying like Ashido and Uraraka.

"So?" Aizawa questioned, his gaze focused on you.

You let out a sigh. "Yaoyorozu's body had injuries that indicated that it was a creature here. I don't know which creature, it's a chance those Night Walkers, but we haven't had enough research on those creatures. The injuries were deep, though and the slashes weren't normal, too. Her torso looked like hammered ground beef."

"What should we do now?" Yamada asked, turning his attention to Aizawa.

"That exploration mission doesn't sound like a good idea," you voiced, Aizawa gazing at the table in a deep thought. "It doesn't seem safe to go out at night anymore especially if Night Walkers could be a threat to us."

"[Last Name] has a point," Hakamada voiced, nodding his head. "We'll be exposed to the dangers they pose and our best fighters won't be here."

"Who knows what the East could be waiting for us if we do leave," Midoriya added. "There's much we still don't know about the East."

"Wouldn't it be best for us to find out then?" Bakugou questioned, scowling at Midoriya. "If we go, we could find out what's dangerous and what's not. If we run into trouble, we'll eliminate the trouble."

"At what cost, though?" You asked, turning your attention to Bakugou. "What if one of you gets injured or possibly killed? We'll be down a fighter for us and we'd have to either wait for the others to come back from their expedition or get reinforcements. We lost one of our researchers, what will happen if we lose an explorer?"

"What should we do with Yao-Momo's body?" Ashido asked.

"Will it be safe to do repairs at night?" Kaminari mumbled, staring at Kirishima.

"What should we do?" Kirishima asked, his gaze flickering between everyone.

"What we're going to do is still proceed with the exploration mission," Aizawa started, everyone turned quiet. "It'll still be me, Midoriya, Bakugou, Todoroki, and Takami. We're going to have a few of us patrol the base at night, two people as a buddy system and they'll switch it off. No one goes out at night and if you have to, then bring one of the explorers with you and a bright light, too. For Yaoyorozu's body, we'll have to bury her body once the morning rises, but until then, [Last Name], get as much information as you can with her blood system and take samples of it, too. We're going to increase our security, more locked doors that lead outside and set up more cameras outside too with the high beam flashlights as well."

"I still don't think it's a good idea--"

"We'll be leaving for the exploration mission within a month," Aizawa said, cutting you off. You bit your lip, clenching your hands into fists in your lap. "You'll be coming with us, [Last Name]. To treat any injuries we might possibly obtain." He lets out a deep sigh, "As for tonight, I want Bakugou and Todoroki to patrol the first half for tonight and Midoriya and Kaminari for the last half. Everyone else besides [Last Name], Bakugou, and Todoroki, get some sleep."

Those inside let out murmurs, but Aizawa didn't care. He stood up, making his way towards the door with Yamada following after him and the two of them started talking. You only let out a sigh, wiping your face with your hands and you pushed yourself to stand up. You heard Ashido and Uraraka let out sniffs, seeing them wipe their eyes and you noticed their eyes are red from crying so much.