Chapter Thirty

"Why must things be like this?" You whispered.

Bakugou and you are the only ones awake. You're resting your head on the pillow and your blanket covering you. You're lying on one side of Bakugou who's leaning against the wall in the cafeteria by the big windows. Kirishima is on the other side, sound asleep since he's snoring quietly and sometimes he'll let out a funny snore noise which makes you laugh. You aren't sure who else is awake or pretending to be asleep, but Aizawa put Bakugou in charge of keeping of watch and then it'll switch to Aizawa.

"What do you mean?" He asked, his eyes scanning the cafeteria.

There's a single light source which is in the middle of the cafeteria on a table. It's just a single lantern and a few flashlights were given out. You have one and you offered to get Bakugou one, but he claims his eyesight in the night is good enough that he doesn't need one.

"Just everything," you sighed. You placed your wrist on your forehead as you gaze up at the ceiling. "I thought it would be so cool to be on some alien planet, travel in space, you know. I just didn't think anything like this would happen. We lost crewmates that we considered friends or even lovers. People we respected and cared for, you know. Nothing's gonna be the same or really go back to normal. I just have to move on."

"That's just how life is," Bakugou confessed, lifting his knee up to rest his arm on. "Shit happens. You can't just take the easy way out. You gotta deal with shit and work hard to get where you want to get. That shit is what you need to overcome is whatever is thrown into your life that makes it become unbalance. You have to find something that makes the unbalanced become stable or at least the unbalance bearable. Things in life are only temporarily, but you are permanent in your life."

You rolled over onto your stomach, raising an eyebrow at him. "When did you become so wise on life?"

"When did you become so nosy?" Bakugou remarked.

"Since I started living on an alien planet," you answered, waving your hands around. You let out a hum and Bakugou glanced at you from the side of his eye. "Did you have a hard life growing up?"

He shook his head. "No. My parents are still together and nothing major happened in my life to make me become depressed or suicidal."

"Then why do you have that outlook on life?"

"You know Toshinori?" He asked.

You let out a gasp, sitting up. "Who doesn't know him! He was able to lead a successful expedition mission to the first planet we deemed habitual and if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't even know that life outside of Earth exists because of him. His expedition was a huge step for us."

"Yeah, I know," Bakugou said. He adjusts himself on the wall and a small smile is seen on his lips. "Because of him, I want to be just like him. Lead an expedition on a planet, make new discoveries and help human's understand space, and to explore new places myself."

"The exploration seems cool when nothing is trying to kill you all the time," you commented.

Bakugou smirked at you. "That's the cool part."

"What if you die?" You asked.

"I'm not dying to some loser," Bakugou stated confidently. "I will always be the winner."

"That's some confidence you have," you sighed, bunching your pillow in your arms.

"I know myself and my limit," he explained. "I know what I can handle and can't. That's why I train, every day, no matter what. That's why I became a Fighter and Explorer. I'm not going to lose or ever give up."