Chapter Nine

Todoroki stands in front of you, grabbing your hands. "What you need to do is to close your fist." He closes your fists for you, but he grabs your thumb before you could close it completely. "However, keep your thumb outside of your fist. If you punch someone hard, then you will break your thumb."

You pulled your lips into a thin line. You didn't like the sound of a broken thumb and you can't afford to have a broken thumb, either.

You had asked Todoroki to teach you the basics of self-defense after you cooked and ate breakfast. You didn't spend breakfast with Takami like you usually do when the two of you have time to, but you were with Todoroki, Kirishima, and Bakugou. Bakugou kept complaining about Todoroki sitting with you guys, but it didn't bother Todoroki and for the most part, the three of you (Kirishima, you, and Todoroki) ignored Bakugou when he was complaining about the dual-haired fighter.

"Don't try to punch with the flat of your fingers," Todoroki continued, pushing your arms up so you could hold them bent in front of you. "Punch with your knuckles. Keep your wrists straight, too. Do not aim for the jaw because you can miss or punch wrong or possibly break your hand. Go for the body, like the chest or the sides."

"Are we assuming that I'm fighting a person or an alien creature?" You asked, raising an eyebrow.

Todoroki takes a step back. "For now, a person. Most of the creatures that are hostile that I've seen are almost like human physique to them, but I've never seen their organs so I'm not sure. Like the Night Walkers almost have a human physique to them with how they stand on two feet, but they're not human."

"I think I understand," you voiced, nodding your head.

"Or aim for the throat," Todoroki said, his arms limp at his side. "You can also aim for the stomach. A good punch to the gut will leave someone breathless. For now, I want you to come at me and we'll improve from there."

You nodded your head. You proceed to try and hit Todoroki, but he keeps dodging your punches or grabbing your wrist before you could even get close to his body. You were really trying too, but you knew that Todoroki is physically stronger than you and he has more experience than you possibly do. Although, you're glad that he's not laughing at you.

Unlike Bakugou who had stumbled inside the training grounds.

You glared at him, breathing heavily through your nose as you stopped trying to attack Todoroki. You watch Bakugou make his way towards you with Kirishima right behind him. You crossed your arms on your chest, glaring at Bakugou harshly as the blonde man stops in front of you and completely towers over you. He has the biggest smirk on his lips, ceasing his laughing as he meets your glare head on.

"What's so funny?" You hissed.

Bakugou chuckled. "How predictable you are."

"Hey, she's learning," Kirishima stated, placing a hand on Bakugou's shoulder. He gives you a reassuring smile. "It's not like she's been training her whole life. That's why she's practicing and learning."

"It's still fucking hilarious," Bakugou laughed. His red eyes go to Todoroki's. "Isn't she predictable, Half-N-Half?"

Todoroki pulled his lips into a thin line. You looked over your shoulder to see his expression and Todoroki's eyes flick to you before looking at Bakugou. "Just a little bit."

Bakugou laughs, his gaze going back to you. "See! You are predictable and--"

Bakugou wasn't able to finish because you had kicked him. Hard. In his crotch.

He drops to one knee, his hands going to down to his crotch and he glares at you with so much intensity that he's probably thinking about murdering you. You felt good, knowing that you caught him off-guard, but seeing his angry expression and fire burning in his eyes, you sort of regret it just a little bit. You backed up slowly, Kirishima laughing as he pats Bakugou's back as the blonde is slowly trying to stand up and Todoroki is holding back his chuckles and giggles.