Chapter Twenty-Four

You weren't sure how long it's been since you stepped into the shower and sat on the floor, in the corner with holding your legs close to your chest. Allowing the water from the shower head to run, the water hitting your head and the water droplets running down the length of your body, simply staring down at the title floor and watching the water go down the drain.

After Takami had told you that Hatsume and Hakamada died, he walked you towards Todoroki's room and when you went inside, he was already up. You hadn't spoken a word to Todoroki, but you had a feeling he knows what happened by the expression of your face and how you didn't greet him with any words or even a smile.

While you're in the shower, Todoroki didn't bother you at all. You weren't sure if he's still in his room, but you're glad that he didn't step into the bathroom. You could really use the alone time to break down and start crying, letting the water from the shower wash away your tears. You did your best to sniffle and sob quietly, not wanting to worry Todoroki or to even tell him your problems.

You couldn't save them. You weren't able to save them from that parasite and they had to suffer painful deaths. You had promised the others that you'd do your best to save them, but apparently your best wasn't enough to save them. You couldn't prevent the deaths that occurred on the base and now everyone has to mourn for the loss  of more crewmates. You could have prevented that.

If only you worked harder.

If only you were smart enough.

If only you were good enough.

You could have saved them.

Perhaps you should have gone to Aizawa to ask if you could have given them a painless death. Maybe that would have been better than letting them suffer the pain and their final moments be in pain instead of peace. You were just so determined to save them and wanting to hold the promise of that you'll save them, but you let everyone down. You had boasted that you could saved them, giving others the false sense of security when in the end, you let them down.

Although, you weren't sure if they would make it. But you had convinced yourself and the others that you could have saved them. You weren't even able to do all that you could have done. You aren't even sure if you could face the others, knowing that you had let them down and you worked so hard to save Sero, Hatsume, and Hakamada. You're positive that Aizawa is going to hold a meeting about the loss of crewmates and possibly try to contact Todoroki Enji's expedition in hopes that they'll send some crewmates to the base here.

"[Name]?"

Your body tensed at the sound of Todoroki's voice over the noise of the pounding water in the shower. You didn't bother to lift your head, but you could hear his soft and faint footsteps approaching the shower. You heard the sliding door to the shower open and you lifted your head, seeing him stand on both legs and he pops his head into the shower. He doesn't offer you a smile and you put your head back into the safety of your arms on the top of your knees.

"Oh, [Name]," Todoroki said softly.

You didn't respond still, hearing the heavy step of the cast on his leg as he entered the shower. Your ears listened to the sound of Todoroki turning the knob of the shower to turn it off and you pulled your legs closer to you. A hand settles on the top of your head and you slowly look up to see Todoroki on his knees in front of you. He opens his arms and you put your head back down, but he's stubborn.

He lets out a quiet sigh, sitting on his butt and he opens his legs, you being between them and he pulls you towards him. Your soaked body getting his clothes wet and even your hair is probably getting him wet, too. He wraps his arms around your naked torso, holding you close to him and you officially started sobbing from all the pain of losing friends, dealing with the death, seeing the crewmates mourn, and all the stress that you had to deal with.