Chapter Twenty-Two

Todoroki exited the conference hall, being the last one to leave since he's still in the wheelchair. Aizawa had informed the rest of the crew except for Takami and [Name] that Sero had passed away. It's disheartening and hurtful to hear his friends or those he'd like to call his friends express their pain through their sobs and the distant look wash over their eyes. Todoroki understands the pain after experiencing Midoriya's passing and he's not sure if he could ever get used to hearing about someone's death now.

The death of Midoriya hurt.

It still hurts, it's excruciating.

Even if Midoriya wasn't his biological brother, Todoroki would still call him his brother. That's how close the two men were and Todoroki felt like he could tell Midoriya anything without holding back and he did the same with Midoriya. Todoroki and Midoriya trained together, went through the hard days of building their bodies, forming that muscle and days were their bodies ached so bad from being sore, but they still pulled through.

Don't get him wrong, Bakugou was there, too, but Todoroki always felt closer to Midoriya than Bakugou.

However, that connection with Midoriya, the inside jokes, the memories built with him, the friendship is gone. Todoroki feels like he can't open up to someone about his problems not because he doesn't fear if someone could care less. He'll still talk regardless if a person is bothered by it or not because he needs to say his peace. But this time, he feels like he can't open up to anymore.

Other than [Name].

Although she has a lot on her plate right now.

But nonetheless, he's grateful to her. He had developed a small crush at the sight of her when she first arrived. In a way, she sort of resembled Midoriya with that kindness aura and bright personality with a dash of curiosity since they're on an alien planet. Todoroki did his best to not compare Midoriya's personality with [Name]'s since it was a bit weird on his part. Besides her personality, she's attractive and Todoroki honestly wasn't one to pursue someone if they're attractive, but her friendly and bubbly personality had attracted him even more to find her beautiful.

Even as he got closer to her, she was so friendly and Todoroki felt relief wash over him at another friendly crewmate on the base. She was basically a breath of fresh air to him and sometimes her personality, that caring side, reminded him so much of his mother and he's noticed that she has a bit of a parental side to her, but that could be because she's a doctor so she has to worry over the crewmates' health. Todoroki didn't mind when she'd worry about his health or mental health.

Unfortunately when Midoriya had passed, he felt that darkness surround him and the grief weigh heavily on his body that he felt like his body was made of rocks. His own injury made him uncappable to do anything against the Dae and he so desperately wished that he could have done something to help Midoriya that night. He had wished he wasn't so useless and had gotten himself injured, he wasn't being keen about his surroundings. He's grateful to Takami for saving him, but that's been the only time that Todoroki had felt that way towards the blonde.

As if a warm and soothing light had made its way into Todoroki's mental state and helped him even if it was a little bit. That was [Name]. She's been there for him, given him space and offered to comfort him even if she didn't have to speak any words to him. She's there, a constant remind that he's not going through Midoriya's death alone and that she'll be there for him, too. Todoroki's glad to have her by his side and wouldn't want anyone else, but her at his side and understand what he's going through.

'But then again, she could just be doing her job.'

Todoroki shook his head, wheeling himself in the halls slowly as he's taking the time alone to savor without anyone speaking to him. He's still healing from his injury on his leg and [Name] has been helping with it, but she's currently busy with the two sick crewmates and she's getting help from Takami.