28: Almost Is Never Enough

Harry's POV

After we spent time with my family for a few days, we returned to London for New Years. We weren't going to any of our parent's houses. Instead, we were going to a party. Louis, Adrienne, Liam, Nelly, Niall, and Zayn would be there. And of course, Delilah and Audrey.

During our days with my family, we spoke more and they got to know Bailey a bit better. The new Bailey, I mean. She had changed so much over the course of the last few years, that there were things that we, even I, didn't know about her that she revealed when we were outside on the terrace. It wasn't anything bad, it was mainly about her interests. We also met Gemma's two new adopted rabbits she adopted days ago. Bailey loved animals so she spent a great deal petting them and feeding them carrots. I took out the tractor after she and Gemma took them inside and took it for a ride before I crashed it into the fence. Robin said it was okay but I could tell he would be guarding me every time I'd decide to go on it.

Tonight, we were celebrating New Years with our friends. We haven't seen them in a long time so it was going to be fun to spend this holiday with them.

"You ready?"

I turn around, adjusting my black tie before I see my beautiful angel standing outside of my closet. She brought clothes from her apartment and changed while I took a shower. I eye from from bottom to top and smirk from each end of my lips. She grins, happy with my reaction even though I haven't said anything yet.

She wears a black shiny crop top and a black pencil skirt. Her shoes are a light shade of pink and she has her hair pulled back while a braid wraps around the top of her head. She wears the right amount of make up and I cannot stop taking my eyes off of her.

"How do I look?"

"Extraordinary, marvelous, breathtaking, beautiful..." I say as I walk to her. "Do you want me to continue?" I tease as she blushes a deeper pink.

She shakes her head and giggles. "No, you're too sweet to me." She says and looks down at my tie, loosely holding it with her hand. "You do know we're going to a party, right?"

I shrug. "It's New Years. Gotta look good for the new welcoming year." I say, and laugh when she rolls her eyes at me.

Five minutes later, we're heading out the door and walking out into the breezy and cool night. There are no stars out tonight and no clouds blocking the view of the bright white moon. It's beautiful.

I open the door for her before I walk around the car and open the door. I start the ignition and we're on our way to the party.

**

I park across the house where the party is held at. There aren't that many vehicles around and I'm glad. I don't want to lose sight of Bailey at all tonight. Who knew who was coming.

We walk hand in hand until we reach the house, passing through a few people hanging out in the front yard with beer bottles in their hands. I guess they're celebrating early. I keep my hold on Bailey's hand when we go inside and pass more than a few people. There are at least fifty people from the looks of it.

It doesn't take us long to find our friends. Louis and Niall's laughs can be heard from the entrance of the house. We walk towards them, all of them sat down on the couch. There are people around but most of them are in the back yard.

Louis, Niall, and Zayn are all sitting in a couch while Adrienne sits on the arm of the couch next to Louis. He has his arm around her, a sign of affection. Liam and Nelly sit on the love seat, her sat on his lap. Audrey and Delilah are here as well, sitting on a couch next to Liam and Nelly and across from where Louis, Niall, Zayn, and Adrienne sit.