-- 17 --

Yaz's POV

Yaz stormed into the castle, running faster than she ever thought she could. She slammed open the doors to the ballroom.

Only to find the Doctor with the laser gun to her head.

The Doctor was kneeling, two of the hooded figures restraining her. And holding her at gunpoint was none other than the Master.

"Doctor!" Yaz cried, running towards her only to find one of the hooded figures at her side, laser gun at the ready.

"Do I fire, Master?" asked the hooded figure, neck twitching and voice ghostly.

"No," the Master instructed. "She means something to the Doctor... I can tell by the horror in the Doctor's eyes."

"Let the Doctor go," Yaz ordered with courage that she didn't know that she possessed.

"No. Not until she gives me the stone."

The Doctor's POV

The Doctor was horrified as she saw Yaz held at gunpoint, restrained by one of the hooded figures also restraining her.

"Doctor," said the Master, drawing the Doctor's attention back to him. "Give me the location of the stone. Or Yasmin Khan dies."

The Doctor looked to Yaz again, an impossible decision facing her. The stone that the Master seeked would allow him to engineer a super-weapon – a weapon to obliterate anything from all of time and space, as if it never existed.

But Yaz... the Doctor saw true and unmasked fear in her dark eyes, even if she tried to smile. The Doctor knew that Yaz wanted her to refuse.

But the Doctor wouldn't let her die.

"The stone is in UNIT headquarters. Contained in the Black Archive. I will take you in there. As long as you can swear to me that Yasmin Khan will be unharmed!"

"Oh..." the Master said, squatting down so he was eye level with the Doctor. "I'm afraid I can never promise that."

A gun was fired.