-- 26 --

Yaz's POV

Yaz woke late on Monday night. The pain was barely there anymore but she still felt lightheaded. She doubted that she could stand up, yet alone walk.

"Yaz!" the Doctor exclaimed when she stirred, causing her to wince. "Oh, sorry. Was I too loud?"

Yaz nodded her head, a motion that made her head spin. She felt like she was in a washing machine.

"Have you been waiting for me all day?" Yaz asked weakly.

The Doctor nodded, "Graham and Ryan went home around dinner time, but I just nipped down to buy some custard creams and came straight back."

"You didn't have to wait."

"Yeah I did. I was worried about you. Naija came in earlier as well. Brought you some chocolates."

"Did you eat them all?" Yaz asked teasingly. She wouldn't put it past the chaotic Time Lord.

However, the Doctor was quick to show her the box of Favourites, unopened. "Sometimes, I do have self-control."

"Pretty much never."

"Only when my girlfriend is injured," the Doctor leaned towards Yaz and kissed her forehead gently. "The doctors said that you should be ready to go late tomorrow. I... may have used some regeneration energy to help you recover."

Yaz's eyebrows shot up with shock, "Doctor, you can't just give me regeneration energy! You need that to survive!"

"But I need you more."

Yaz smiled warmly at the Doctor, reaching for her hand. The Doctor was quick to take her hand, sitting down on a stool beside her bed.

"Do you want me to tell you a story?" asked the Doctor.

"Yes."

The Doctor's POV

The Doctor proceeded to tell Yaz a story about the time that she was stuck on Trenzalore for a hundred years in the town called Christmas. There was plenty to tell and by the time that she got to the part where the Time Lords gave her more regenerations, Yaz had fallen asleep.

"Sleep well, Yasmin Khan," the Doctor whispered before she promptly fell asleep herself, their hands still joined.