-- 18 --

The Doctor's POV

"Yaz!" the Doctor cried, yanking her arm out of the cloaked figure's grip. But what met her eyes was not an injured Yaz.

While the Master had been talking to the Doctor, Yaz must have gotten out of the creature's grip and was now dodging lasers that were fired at her almost every second.

"Doctor, we need to go!" Yaz shouted, running towards the creature, and kicking it in the stomach, sending it spiralling backwards. Yaz shot over to the Doctor, taking her hand and together they ran.

Lasers assailed them from behind but they didn't look back. Together, they ran as fast as possible.

Yaz's POV

Suddenly, the Doctor dropped Yaz's hand and Yaz turned around with shock and fear. What was the Doctor going to do this time?

"Run, Yaz," the Doctor said. "To the TARDIS."

"I'm not leaving you!"

In answer, the Doctor held her sonic up to the ceiling of the hallway, buzzed it and the stone ceiling fell, creating a barrier between the Doctor and Yaz.

"No! Doctor!" Yaz launched herself at the barrier of debris, trying to pull it down, trying to get to the Doctor so she wouldn't do something stupid again.

But it was no use. Yaz cried out in anguish.

"Doctor! I'm not leaving you! Doctor! Doctor!"

"Yaz, leave! Get back to the TARDIS!" the Doctor's voice rung clear from the other side of the wall. "I will come back. I promise!"

With a heavy heart, Yaz walked down the hallway, painfully aware of the fact that there was nothing she could do. The Doctor had promised to come back. But what if she didn't?

Yaz entered the TARDIS and then made a decision.

"Hey, TARDIS," Yaz greeted it, walking up to the time rotor. The Doctor had mentioned that the TARDIS was sentient. Maybe it could help her.

"The Doctor is in danger! Please, take me to help her! I will do anything. I just need her to be safe. Please..."

Numerous buttons and switches were activated of their own accord and the flight lever flicked down, the tremor that shook the TARDIS threatening to send Yaz to the ground.

"Alright! Thank you! You won't regret it."

The Doctor's POV

Whrr... whrr

The Doctor had dealt with the two hooded creatures, having stuck them in the ballroom. Now the Doctor was facing off against the Master.

But then she heard the TARDIS. And she knew that Yaz had done something stupid. She had come to help her. And the Doctor couldn't be sure that she would be safe.

Yet, Yaz stepped out of the now materialised TARDIS, running over to the Doctor, and placing herself between her and the Master.

"Leave the Doctor alone."