-- 19 --

The Doctor's POV

The Doctor watched with horror as Yaz stood in front of her, shielding her from the Master.

"Leave her alone," Yaz repeated.

The Master glanced to the police box and then back to Yaz. "Well, well, well... how did a companion fly the TARDIS?"

"Because she wanted me to help the Doctor. And we are leaving, and you will never get your hands on this stone!"

The Master laughed, "Oh, but I already know its location, thanks to my lovely friend, the Doctor-"

"I am not your friend," the Doctor uttered.

"- and I will storm the Black Archive and find it."

"Good luck getting past UNIT," the Doctor said. "I've already sent a message to Kate Stewart, as well as a message to both of the Osgoods. Good luck, Master."

And with that, the Doctor took Yaz's hand and they entered the TARDIS, quickly entering the time vortex before the Master could do anything to the TARDIS.

Yaz's POV

The Doctor turned to Yaz and lost it.

"I told you to not follow me! Yaz, you need to listen to me! I needed to keep you safe and flying into the danger is not going to do anything!"

"Doctor, I chose this," Yaz said calmly. "I chose you. I know it's going to be dangerous and I don't give a damn. I love you! I love you!"

Yaz finished her tirade with tears in her eyes. The Doctor kept trying to protect her, and she admired that. But she also didn't want protecting. She wanted to be by her girlfriend's side, no matter what happened.

"Doctor, I'm a police officer," Yaz pointed out. "I'm kinda used to the whole danger thing."

The Doctor bit her lip, "I know. And... I'm sorry our date was ruined."

"Hey, it wasn't ruined," Yaz whispered, stepping towards the Doctor, and putting her arms around the Time Lord. "An adventure is so much better than going to a ball."

The Doctor drew back and then kissed Yaz, euphoria and warmth filling both of them. Yaz kissed back passionately, letting the Doctor push her gently against the wall of the TARDIS.

Yaz drew back for breath, their foreheads still touching and took in the beauty of the Time Lord – her Time Lord.

"You're beautiful..." Yaz whispered.

"You, Yaz, are the most amazing woman in the universe."

They kissed once more, both of them happier than they could ever believe.

When they finally drew apart, the Doctor suddenly realised that something – or rather, someone – was missing.

"Oh my gosh! Graham and Ryan!" the Doctor cried, dashing over to the console and frantically arranging a flight path to pick them up.

"Don't mess up the date, Doctor," Yaz said. "If we arrive ten years later, they're going to hate us. And Ryan will tease me forever!"

When they arrived, it was only a matter of seconds before Graham and Ryan stormed through the TARDIS doors.

"Two months!" Graham shouted. "Two months, we were stuck in that damn village! You better have a good explanation!"