-- 25 --

The Doctor's POV

Yaz was at work and the Doctor was bored. She sat in Yaz's family's longue, devouring custard cream after custard cream. Mondays were boring. Always were. Everyone had to go to work.

She wouldn't want to admit it, but she was also worried about Yaz. Police work was dangerous and even though she knew that Yaz was well trained, she couldn't help but feel scared.

So, she headed out to the TARDIS, quickly and easily hacking into Yaz's radio. She did this sometimes, whenever she was worried. She knew that Yaz would be angry if she found out, but the Doctor was careful to make sure she didn't know.

The Doctor sat down on the stairs and listened. Every now and then Yaz's voice would fill the room and report something or she would be called to a small incident.

The Doctor found it comforting to hear her voice. She was okay.

"Armed robbery, repeat armed robbery," her voice filled the TARDIS once more and the Doctor shot up off the stairs, panic filling her.

"Requesting backup. Over."

"Backup being sent. Over."

The Doctor couldn't sit in the TARDIS worrying about what might happen. So she ran out and towards the location that the TARDIS had given her.

She needed to help Yaz.

Yaz's POV

Yaz ran after the culprit, his dagger glinting in the sunlight. She was grateful for her many adventures at that point – she was a very fast runner now.

"Police! Stop! Police!"

He didn't stop. He just kept running, down a dark alleyway. Yaz didn't let that phase her. She had run through alien spaceships. An alleyway was nothing.

Finally, it became apparent that it was a dead end and Yaz had cornered him. Getting the knife out of his hand was her next move.

"Drop the knife," Yaz said in her most commanding tone.

"Yeah, like I'd do that, copper," he spat.

Yaz ran towards him and pulled his arms behind his back, doing her best to prise the knife out of his grip. But he wouldn't let go. And then he plunged it into her chest.

Yaz felt white-hot pain and could feel the warm blood oozing out of her wound. She fell onto the floor, panting heavily.

"Take that, copper," he spat before tearing away.

"PC Khan here, he exited the alleyway off of Stuart Street. Repeat, culprit exited the alleyway... off..."

Yaz felt her vision blur and her head spun. Then she blacked out.

The Doctor's POV

The Doctor saw police running towards a criminal with a knife as he exited the alleyway. Then something made the Doctor's hearts stop.

The knife was dripping with crimson blood. And Yaz wasn't there.

The Doctor panicked and rushed down the alleyway to see Yaz lying there, unconscious and bleeding. There were two paramedics already helping her and that helped bring the Doctor a bit of relief.

"Excuse me, who are you?" asked one of them.

"I-I'm her girlfriend," the Doctor said. "Is she- she gonna be okay?"

The Doctor always had worried about Yaz when they were on adventures. She always thought she was going to get hurt on an adventure. But here she had gotten hurt doing her normal job.

And the bandage already soaked with blood made the Doctor's panic worsen.

"She should be okay," the paramedic said. "We need to take her to hospital but after a day or so, she'll be right as rain."

The Doctor felt relieved. She sat with Yaz on the ambulance and then called the fam to let them know what had happened.

Graham and Ryan said that they would be right over. They would all make sure that Yaz made a swift recovery.

A/N: I don't know anything about police protocols and stuff, so this is probably (definitely) completely inaccurate. Sorry about that.