𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

𝟰𝟳 | 𝗚𝗛𝗢𝗦𝗧

'𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙄'𝙢 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙖𝙣𝙚

'𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙄'𝙢 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙖𝙣𝙚. 𝙃𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙡 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙖𝙢𝙚'
•·················•·················•

KOL AND KEZIAH HAD STAYED IN EACH OTHERS ARMS as long as they could. Long before anyone else in the house awoke. Elijah was the first one up. He felt like he interrupted a moment between the two when he caught them in the kitchen, clinging tightly onto each other.

But that was what brought them apart, and maybe it was time to as well. Their tears had long since dried.

An hour later, they were all seated outside on the decking, apart from Hayley and Hope. Kol and Keziah shared the small two-seater, his arm around her shoulders pulling her closer.

"What's the holdup?" Kol started, "All right, we rescued Nik, we escaped mortal danger why are we not on a private jet to Saint-Tropez? You can catch up on the last five years when we're on our way—I can assure you haven't missed much."

"Circumstances have changed we will leave here soon enough." Elijah said.

"We have our niece to consider." Rebekah pointed out for Kol.

"Kol has a point. We need to put an ocean between us and Marcel Gerard as soon as possible." Freya inputted, leaning forward in her chair.

"We're not going anywhere today. I want one day of peace with my daughter. Before we uproot her." Klaus argued.

"Any delay is a risk." Freya tried to reason.

"One day. We're in the middle of nowhere, the house is cloaked. We weren't followed, and I'm not asking."

At Klaus' small outburst, Hayley had arrived with Hope holding her hand in the doorway. "Everybody, look who's awake."

All eyes snapped to the little girl stood into her mother's side as they all jumped up out of their seats.

"Hello." Her soft voice said.

"Hello." Klaus was the first one to say something back.

"Mom, can I go play in the garden." She looked up to her mother hopefully.

"Yeah. Sure."

With that said, Hope ran off past the adults and ventured to the table in the garden that held her paint.

"Oh dear. What a great first impression." Kol rolled his eyes.

"Kol!" Keziah whacked his head with her hand and narrowed her eyes at him.